Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Basic HTML Issue
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
Evinrude57
I cannot get the color attribute for my headings and form inputs to appear in chrome, which is the browser I am using for code development, but the colors do appear in safari.

I am using very simple html code shown below but with no success in chrome. Headings are black instead of the desired color:

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<style>
h1 {
color: red;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>This is an h1 heading</h1>
<h1 style="color:yellow;">This header is now yellow</h1>
</body>
</html>

Any suggestions?
pandy
See no reason for that.

Is the real page just like that, with the CSS embedded? We had a problem yesterday when Chrome didn't display the CSS. It turned out the style sheet was named AD.css and Chrome's ad blocker killed it...
TW Allen
QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 15 2021, 11:48 AM) *

See no reason for that.

Is the real page just like that, with the CSS embedded? We had a problem yesterday when Chrome didn't display the CSS. It turned out the style sheet was named AD.css and Chrome's ad blocker killed it...

Yes, the ad blocker was the problem. I renamed it and it works fine.

Thank you.
Christian J
Surely that can't be the problem here though? I see nothing resembling an ad in the OP's code example.
pandy
If the real page uses external CSS we don't know what the file is called... Odd if this one was also called ad.css though. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.