Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MP4 vídeo won’t play on mobile devices when using cellular data
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Graphics, Flash and Multimedia
Master Web Solutiolns
Hello to all, I have an html website that was made from a Template Monster template, in one of the pages I have a video that is hosted into the hosting server (not from Youtube or Vimeo), the video is mp4 and webm and ogg, 750x422.

The video plays nice and smooth on a pc/Mac and it also plays nice and smooth on mobile devices when using wifi from home/office but it won't play and won't load on mobile devices when using cellular data from the cellular company.

I tried 3 different pieces of code for the player and currently I'm using the player that www.linkedin.com uses, when watching video from www.linkedin.com on a mobile device using cellular data all videos played nice and smooth and they loaded fast, when I tried to watch the video from my website on a mobile device using cellular data it won't play, it won't load, it can take several minutes to load, it can play but buffers for long time.

I contacted my hosting provider tech support and they don't have explanation for that problem, I contacted Template Monster tech support and they don't have explanation.

I found an internet article from Tmobile saying that it could be a problem with the cellular plan from each individual and they posted couple instructions to do directly on an iPhone 10 and 11, so since I have and iPhone 11 from Tmobile I followed the instructions and the video plays nice and smooth when using cellular data, I sent the link of the website to a couple of friends for them to try to watch the video and they said the video won't play or load on mobile devices using cellular data.

Does anyone know abut a solutions for this issue, or what on the website code is needed to make the video play on mobile devices when using cellular data?

Thank you.
Nicholas441
Mp4 is just a container. The video and audio can be different formats. Get a converter on your computer if you cannot find an alternate format.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.