Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fieldset issues amoung others
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
biddlecom
I attached the file im having an issue with. IT has a mess of errors and I cant get past the fieldset error thats poping up. I also attached the css file. I have another 6 files for this school website project and all of them have zero issues but this one is a mess. Any help or explanations would be great. Thank you.
pandy
It's because of the closing slashes you have in all your INPUT tags. Remove them.

CODE

<input type = "radio"
      name = "date"
      id = "Mr."
      value = "Mr."
/>

^^

That's peculiar, because HTML5 allows XHTML slashes, even if they are ugly and pointless. I don't see why they mess things up for you, but they do. wacko.gif
pandy
Can anyone else see why this happens?
Christian J
On line 98 the SELECT end tag is missing, that's why the validator complains about the FIELDSET end tag. How did those closing slashes change things, pandy? unsure.gif

Also there are duplicate ID values on lines 103 and 109, and both the FORM and SECTION end tags are missing.
pandy
All errors except a few disappeared when I removed the slashes. But they don't now. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.