Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux Permissions
HTMLHelp Forums > Programming > Web Server Configuration
FrostTaco
Hi guys, so i get this PHP error:
CODE
PHP Warning:  fopen(cache//afile.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/index.php on line 55

I know the chmod command, but don't know if thats what i need to use, and if i do need to use that, I don't know how to give my PHP permission. Any help is appreciated!
FrostTaco
Sorry for making this guys, just found the answer!
Frederiek
Good.
It would be nice though if you could post your solution, so anyone with a similar problem can benefit from that.
That's a purpose of the forums too.
imort
QUOTE(FrostTaco @ Apr 29 2016, 02:38 AM) *

Hi guys, so i get this PHP error:
CODE
PHP Warning:  fopen(cache//afile.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/index.php on line 55

I know the chmod command, but don't know if thats what i need to use, and if i do need to use that, I don't know how to give my PHP permission. Any help is appreciated!

You need to make sure that your file '/cache/afile.json' have read permissions for apache process
Usually you can just run 'chmod a+r cache/afile.json' to make sure that everyone can read that file. Almost sure that apache doesn't need to change it.
You also can run 'chown www-data:www-data /var/www -R' to make sure that apache process have all rights on those files too.
It can be dangerous in the production environment but still good for the test or development server.

Take a look here to find more examples about Linux file permissions too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.