Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Beginner's Guide to HTML & CSS
HTMLHelp Forums > General Interest > Off Topic
Frederiek
A Beginner’s Guide to HTML & CSS is a simple and comprehensive guide dedicated to helping beginners learn HTML and CSS. Outlining the fundamentals, this guide works through all common elements of front-end design and development.

I found this interesting looking link for beginners in Codrops' Collective #47.
As many here on these forums are new to web design, this site might come in handy for them.
Christian J
Thanks!
pandy
As usual I managed to click a link that lead to something not so good the first thing I did. blush.gif

Judging from the example one could think that an element is the start tag.
http://learn.shayhowe.com/html-css/terminology-syntax-intro
Christian J
He does explain the difference in the next paragraph, though. But I agree the "<a>" example is misleading.
AnnaV
Thanks! even though I am familiar with the basics of HTML, CSS points will be useful for me!
jonasmarsh621
Is w3schools recommendable for beginners? Its my practice ground for doing web design as well as developing.
Frederiek
I sometimes use it too, as it often turns up as a first result in a search. But not all the code they provide is always accurate. Be aware of that and look up in other resources too.
pandy
QUOTE(Frederiek @ Feb 18 2013, 10:44 AM) *

I sometimes use it too, as it often turns up as a first result in a search. But not all the code they provide is always accurate. Be aware of that and look up in other resources too.

+1

Also, they have a tendency not to "tell the whole story". But for looking things up quickly or to get a glimpse of something new to you, sure.
loftconversions
I'm a novice in html and CSS so your link about html and css terminology is truly a great help for me. Thank you!
Frederiek
You're welcome. I hope it helps you and other novices here.
Frederiek
Personally, I'm not so fond of video tutorials in order to learn HTML and CSS.
It's easier to go back to a particular explanation in written text (web or book). Besides, you can copy&paste sample codes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.