Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Intranet forum related html questions
hunsnowy
post Aug 16 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,451

Ok, this is not actually a problem, but I would like to understand it..smile.gif At my company we have an intranet site, plain html. This site has a html forum as well. When I write in the textarea I can use html tags to change the text's appearance/design. I can even use local css inside the tags and it is working. However when I try to add the following javascript tag:

<script type ="text/javascript>
alert("this is a test");
</script>

...nothing happens. Of course I am not the programmer/webmaster of the forum, I am just simple user. So my questions are:

1. Why can I use html tags (div, span, ect.) and cannot use the script tag? Why is one working and the other not?

2. Isn't this a fault of the webmaster that I can use html/css inside the forum page (this way having the possibility to mess up the design of the page : like inserting big squares/text or whatever)? (Do not missunderstand me I have no intention to do it, but still there is the possibility)

3. Shouldn't he use validation (using javascript) of the textarea before the message is saved/stored?

As I am very new into html/css/javascript I am just very curious how and why things happen! smile.gif

Thank you in advance for your replies!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:20 PM