> HOW TO INCLUDE BOOTSTRAP TOP NAV BAR TO ALL PAGES OF STATIC HTML WEBSITE
shankar from vizag
post Jul 20 2020, 05:05 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,316

Greetings

I have created and hosted a website https://hwsupport.netlify.app for education purpose. It has some 25 pages.
Whenever, I include a change in BOOTSTRAP TOP NAVBAR, I have to keep on changing all the 25 pages manually. Being a static HTML site, please guide me how to implement the changes entire pages at one go.

With the knowledge obtained from this forum only I could able to achieve the above website. I really thankful to the administrator and other members. I believe, I would get a solution for my problem.

THank you

SHANKAR

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jul 20 2020, 05:27 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You can do that with some kind of includes (SSI, PHP). With only HTML your only option is to pre process the pages on your own machine.

SSI isn't hard to learn how to use, but it must be available to you on the server. PHP, that is a real programming language (SSI is more a collection of server instructions) isn't hard either if used only for this. But again, PHP must be available to your.

There is another option with only HTML, frames. But please don't go there. It's an outdated and troublesome technology.
User is offlinePM
shankar from vizag
post Jul 21 2020, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,316

QUOTE(pandy @ Jul 20 2020, 03:57 PM) *

You can do that with some kind of includes (SSI, PHP). With only HTML your only option is to pre process the pages on your own machine.

SSI isn't hard to learn how to use, but it must be available to you on the server. PHP, that is a real programming language (SSI is more a collection of server instructions) isn't hard either if used only for this. But again, PHP must be available to your.

There is another option with only HTML, frames. But please don't go there. It's an outdated and troublesome technology.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will work on it.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:22 PM