pandy
post Nov 8 2022, 08:22 PM
Post #341

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Christian J @ Nov 8 2022, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(pandy @ Nov 8 2022, 02:52 PM) *

It has happened again, but this time I'm not aware of a Windows update, which doesn't mean it couldn't have happened anyway. Could it be that FF tries to force you you to update when you don't OK its prompts for a while? glare.gif

Which version do you have? My FF says that 106.05 is the latest.

You mean what I had? No idea. Now I have the latest or what was the latest yesterday...

I've recieved several FF updates the last few days, so I guess there were many bugs needing fixing.

Maybe, but the site worked fine until recently.

This time it was a dropdown menu at at forum I use to read that all of a sudden wasn't styled anymore. It's list based so it covered more than a screen height, maybe two. First I thought the site had been hacked, but once I scrolled down everything else was there below the unstyled menu and worked as it should.

You mean none of the CSS worked? If parts of it worked, you might check to see if some third-party file for the manu styling failed to load.

As said, only the menu. Yes, but why only in FF?

I get a little tired of their frequent updates sometimes.

I guess their workforce needs to make themselves useful, first by creating more features nobody wants, then fix all bugs said new features have introduced. mellow.gif

I actually miss the days when we waited for the next update and looked forward to it. laugh.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post Nov 9 2022, 09:05 AM
Post #342

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(pandy @ Nov 9 2022, 02:22 AM) *

You mean what I had? No idea. Now I have the latest or what was the latest yesterday...

Just so you could check if FF forced updates.

Maybe, but the site worked fine until recently.

I meant maybe one of those recent updates broke something.

As said, only the menu. Yes, but why only in FF?

Did you try several times in FF? Maybe it was just a network error. Or maybe there is/was a bug in FF's handling of Ajax requests.

It could also be the website design that relies on 3rd party files being loaded in the correct order, so a download delay of one might cause intermittent errors. Next time you see something like this, check the Inspector's javascript console and network log.

I actually miss the days when we waited for the next update and looked forward to it. laugh.gif

I suppose there are more than ten times more people working on it nowadays, all indirectly funded by Google. ninja.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Nov 9 2022, 04:23 PM
Post #343

Member No.: 7

Also maybe look in the FF changelog, maybe they mentions something about having to adapt to recent Windows updates?

Also, if you have Firefox on your phone maybe you could check if that one's buggy too? That would rule out Windows 10.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Nov 9 2022, 06:37 PM
Post #344

🌟Computer says no🌟

No, it was that way for at least a week. And as I said, it worked in other browsers.

Oh, I expressed myself clumsily. I didn't mean FF does a "windows" and pushes updates. I meant that maybe they deliberately break the version you have somehow to force you to download the update. But I don't really think that. tongue.gif

Still, it's odd similar things have happened twice and in both cases an update helped. blink.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Nov 10 2022, 11:14 AM
Post #345

🌟Computer says no🌟

Didn't see your last question. Phone browser is fine, but the site uses a mobile style sheet, so it doesn't really say anything.
User is offlinePM

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 09:48 AM