The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inserting Video in captive smartphone code, Need code to run Video in smartphones
theengineer
post Jul 2 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,372

I am a newbee to all of this forum stuff so please let me know if I'm crossing a line or something.
I am doing some coding for the local volunteer fire department that will be resident on their Samsung Android Smartphones. It runs from the SD Card and does not need access to the Internet (we are a rural area and do not have 3G, 4G or omG) service most places. We will use it in a public relations campaign.
I have developed the code, and it runs with no problems (except one) in the Samsung Galaxy IIIs and IVs.
I have some short videos that I want to embed in the code, but if I insert it in "normal code" ( <a href " ..... "> video </a> ) it runs just fine on the laptops and desktops. When I load it to the smartphones, it does not play the video. Taken separately, i.e. selecting the video in it's file folder, it runs just fine.
I am an old time coder that "understands" CSS to a certain degree, but have done all my coding by hand on a word processor --- I know, I'm old , give me a break.
Can someone write, or explain to me how to write, a simple line of code for a video in a file folder named "Video" with a video named "video.mp4"?
Thanks

This post has been edited by theengineer: Jul 2 2013, 08:05 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
jimlongo
post Jul 2 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #2

This is My Life

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

I think an html5 video tag would be more appropriate on a modern phone.

http://diveintohtml5.info/video.html
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jul 3 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

Just curious: can you open HTML documents on the SD card from the phone's browsers, and if so how?

Even better, can the phone browser view web pages on your desktop (e.g. localhost) through the USB cable? This could be useful for testing.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:41 AM