Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Latest advances in CSS Really Advanced Technology
Brian Chandler
post Sep 21 2021, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Jocular coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

... I suspect. At the bottom of (eg) https://imaginatorium.com/shop.html is a row of buttons, labelled: FAQ - Cookies - About us - Contact - 日本語

Now, in Chromium (Version 93.0.4577.82) and Firefox (version 68.0.2), these buttons look as you would expect. Each has a legend, positioned in the centre of the button. But in FF ver. 92.0 this has been updated, to look like the attached image. Hmm. This is not what I wanted, nor can I honestly imagine what anyone else would want. I think I can see what is going on, but I wonder if a CSS advocate could explain to me the purpose of this Improvement?

(PS: here's the 2-minute guide to Japanese typography: https://imaginatorium.org/words/descend.htm )

This post has been edited by Brian Chandler: Sep 21 2021, 01:15 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Brian Chandler
post Oct 25 2021, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Jocular coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Belated thanks, Christian. I used the "flex for everything" trick as you suggested; basically the defaults are much more sensible, so the inner boxes are vertically aligned in the middle. It is a mystery why this only happens on later versions, but I suppose it is related to the (actual, not-css, measured) size of Japanese text being larger, which is actually a sensible idea. Anyway, lots of other things to struggle with...
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:20 PM