... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to defeat page caching
DDD
post Aug 12 2022, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,503

Hi... I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with page caching.We have a cafe and we publish an online menu every week. We also make frequent changes to the menu throughout the week. The problem is that customers see the previous version of the menu and order from it because the page loads on their devices from a cache. I have tried everything I can find (META data, script, etc.) to force the page to reload every time but nothing seems to fix the problem.

If you look at the page...

http://www.farmerskitchencafe.com/submeals/menu_form.html

...you can see that I have added a reload button and that works but customers still miss it and end up ordering from the wrong menu.

So, I am wondering if, since the button works to reload the page, if there is any way to, in effect, automatically press the button when the url is hit. I only want the page to reload when they hit it because if there is a timeout on it, it may reload before they have a chance to fill out and submit the form.

Thanx in advance for any insight you can provide. I might add that I am not a "coder". I use Adobe Dreamweaver to make the pages.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Christian J
post Aug 16 2022, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

I don't think that .ftpaccess thing has ever been mentioned on this forum before. tongue.gif
User is online!PM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:45 AM