The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> admin approval prior to posting, how to require admin approval prior to posting
SeaRiser
post Feb 11 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,859

Hi,
I am new to this wed design but i am trying to create a small web page using namo web editor, just bought and studying, any other recomendations? This web page is for a group of young kids. How can i or what do i have to do to create a small chat area or blog area for them to use, no pic post, but have admin approval prior to any comments being posted? This is for a nonprofit youth group so i dont want to pay for any extra online services as i will be paying for the hosting probably through Godaddy unless some other recomendations come out. Is there a way i can work this through my what will be my web space?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Corey Bryant
post Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,399

You might check out Content Seed for the ability to have users add information to pages.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 11 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Hi! biggrin.gif

You could install a forum software. There are lots of free forums available, for example http://phpbb.com . Whatever way you do it you need to have a server side programming language available to you. It can't be done with only HTML and JavaScript. phpBB uses PHP and a mySQL database.
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Feb 14 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #4

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(SeaRiser @ Feb 11 2007, 10:26 AM) *

How can i or what do i have to do to create a small chat area or blog area for them to use, no pic post, but have admin approval prior to any comments being posted?

SeaRiser,

The absolutely easiest way to accomplish this is by installing the free Wordpress blogging system. Wordpress will allow you to do everything you've requested and a lot more.

They have made it very simple to install. In fact, I can install a fresh Wordpress in about 60 seconds. All you need to do is set up a MySQL database, which any Web host offers, and then ftp the Wordpress installation up to the server. Finally you go through a fill in the blank kind of setup.

Anyway, it's so easy that there are people who offer to do the install for you for no charge.

Now, once you have it installed you may want to change the theme, or add plugins to enhance functionality. There are plenty of both.

Keep in mind though that if you could forgo your own domain name you could use the free Wordpress.com hosted version . It doesn't offer quite the flexibility but should still do everything you need and you wouldn't have to worry about setting it up or keeping it running.

John
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:30 AM