Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IE not not allowing clicking entire hyperlink
Corey Rader
post Sep 14 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

I use Dreamweaver 8 and the site I help maintain works fine in Firefox but in Internet Explorer some, not all of the hyperlinks on a page are only clickable at the end of the line. The whole word is underline and when viewed in Dreamweaver the entire word has a link and even the entire cell of the table has the same link. But in IE only some of the lines only let you click the very end of the underlined word with the trademark symbol. Here is the link chessex.com

Any help from someone would be appreciated.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 15 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Just so you don't think we ignore you - I spent some time on this but I couldn't find the what's up. You don't use CSS, that can sometimes cause things like this, and you don't have have any structural validation errors... I'll try again tomorrow if someone else hasn't nailed it by then. blink.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Sep 15 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

It seems that aligning the two inner tables while their combined width is more than 100% makes one table overlap the other. Here's a reduced test case:

CODE
            <table width="54%" align="right">
              <tr>
                <td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="Festive/festive_dice_home.htm">Festive™</a></font></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td><a href="Frosted/frosted_dice_home.htm"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Frosted™</font></a></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td><a href="Gemini/gemini_dice_home.htm"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gemini™<strong><font color="#FF0000">Coming Febuary 2006</font></strong></font></a></td>
              </tr>
            </table>

<table width="50%" align="center" border="1">
              <tr>
                <td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="Specialty%20Dice/34_sided.htm">34-sided</a></font></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="Specialty%20Dice/100_sided.htm">100-sided</a></font></td>
              </tr>
            </table>

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 AM