Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Copy contents of canvas and send to shopping cart
baileycooper
post Sep 11 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,520

Hi,
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, or if it's just a stupid question. I'm a novice coder and I'm struggling with a problem that someone might be able to help with...

I have code that creates a 'canvas' on a webpage and adds graphics/text to it using input from the user.
The problem I have is this: How can I create a copy of the canvas contents (as a graphic or some other format) that I can then pass through to a shopping cart system?
I just don't know how to start with this so any help is really appreciated.

Many thanks - and apologies again if I've messed up by posting here.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 11 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Why do you want this? Is it just as an illustration that you want to pass along so the customer sees it all through the process or is it the way you are going to know what (s)he wants to order?
User is offlinePM
baileycooper
post Sep 12 2015, 02:23 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 12 2015, 01:12 AM) *

Why do you want this? Is it just as an illustration that you want to pass along so the customer sees it all through the process or is it the way you are going to know what (s)he wants to order?

It's so that I know what the customer wants to order. I can create the canvas element but just don't know how to get a copy of it to me.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 12 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Then a snapshot isn't what you want. Not my forte, this, but the logic must be that whenever the customers adds or removes an item from the canvas a server side program register this and when (s)he is ready to buy the list of goods is already there.

How to accomplish this I don't know. What do you use to create the canvas thing? JavaScript? jQuery maybe?
User is offlinePM
baileycooper
post Sep 14 2015, 05:58 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 12 2015, 06:35 PM) *

Then a snapshot isn't what you want. Not my forte, this, but the logic must be that whenever the customers adds or removes an item from the canvas a server side program register this and when (s)he is ready to buy the list of goods is already there.

How to accomplish this I don't know. What do you use to create the canvas thing? JavaScript? jQuery maybe?

Thanks for the answer. I think I'm out of my depth with this! It's javascript that lets the customer place text/graphics on the canvas, but I don't know how to record this ready to pass through to a shopping cart.
Thanks again. I may need to buy some help in for this.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 14 2015, 06:18 AM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

I would need to do that too. If you want I can move this topic to the server side forum though, in case someone here that knows these things better than I have something to contribute. They may not notice it here.
User is offlinePM
baileycooper
post Sep 14 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 14 2015, 12:18 PM) *

I would need to do that too. If you want I can move this topic to the server side forum though, in case someone here that knows these things better than I have something to contribute. They may not notice it here.

Yes please move it for me - that would be very kind. Thanks.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:44 AM