The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I fuse a Glowing text code?, IE glowing text code not working on Neopets.
elle
post Dec 15 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,585

I am trying to make a Neopets pet lookup, so the coding isn't as straightforward as a regular web page, but I have the code working in one place: http://www.neopets.com/~Kunnigan .

that is the look i'm going for, but it does not show up here: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Kunnigan ...

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just Neopets filters messing up regular coding? please help!

This code only work in Internet Explorer, not Firefox.

Or if you know of a code that would make it also work in Firefox that would be great. Thanks so much!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Dec 15 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

In the page that doesn't work you've placed the CSS block way down in BODY instead of in HEAD where it should be, plus you have no element with the id 'glowtext' that it could work with anyway.

You do realize that these 'filters' are IE extensions and can only be seen by IE users who haven't turned them off in Options?
User is offlinePM
elle
post Dec 15 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,585

QUOTE(pandy @ Dec 15 2009, 09:17 AM) *

In the page that doesn't work you've placed the CSS block way down in BODY instead of in HEAD where it should be, plus you have no element with the id 'glowtext' that it could work with anyway.

You do realize that these 'filters' are IE extensions and can only be seen by IE users who haven't turned them off in Options?

Thanks so much for answering! I just went back to look at what you said, and you're right, Neopets filtered out the span part of the coding, I changed it to div instead and it's now working! Yay! biggrin.gif
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:57 PM