The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Paste to clipboard, Need a script that allow me to select from 30 different text based mes
Tim606
post Mar 29 2022, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,305

This is my first post, sorry if I have put it in the wrong place.

I have a very simply web page that holds ticket reply messages. If you work on a help desk you will know the sort of thing I mean, its the type of thing you add to the end of the ticket to close it. At the moment I simply highlight the message Copy and then paste into the ticket. What I would like is a button below each text message that say copy, I can then click the button, text is copied to the clipboard ready to post into a ticket.

Now I have found several scripts that allows you to copy one text on a page but I have not found a script that can handle having 15 different messages on a page (I have two pages) that allows me to click what ever message I want.

As I mentioned, the it is only two pages, not hosted on a web server simply accessed by a browser direct from the file location. The text messages vary in size, from 2 lines to 5 (short) paragraphs. It is hoped to expand the quantity of message available to use in the future. There are is nothing fancy about the website, it simply a quick efficient way to handle the messages. Unfortunately I know nothing of Javascript so it would be next to impossible to write my own script (I barely manage HTML)

Can anybody suggest anything that would help solve my problem
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:03 PM