The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML and SharePoint (stop laughing!), Help with expandable list and cursor: hand command
katanajo
post Jul 9 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,264

I am not a developer, I'm not even going to try and pretend to be one. I have to use Share Point to develop our Team's site at work and I need help with one item. I can't figure out how to add the cursor html code so that when I click on "Services" the hand cursor appears. The list expands just fine but I need to the hand cursor to identify it as an action item (for lack of better words). I don't know where to put it, I don't know where to start/stop it. Honestly, I need someone to explain in detail what it should look like!!! I realize this is ugly coding so please be kind in your replies. It works for what I need it to do and that is all that matters. I am using IE8 and the latest version of FireFox. I have until the middle of next week to complete. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you in advance.

<html>
<p>
<h1 onClick="Prob10()"><u><font size="2" color="#580028" face="Arial">Services</font></u></h1>
<div id="Prob10" style="display=none">
<ul>
<li>Alert and Incident Management Services</li>
<li>Infrastructure Related Services</li>
<li>Change Management Services</li>
</ul>
</div>
</p>
</html>
<script>
<!--
function Prob10() { if
(this.document.all.Prob10.style.display=="none")
(this.document.all.Prob10.style.display="block") ;
else (this.document.all.Prob10.style.display="none") ; }
// -->
</script>
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jul 9 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I can't figure out how to add the cursor html code so that when I click on "Services" the hand cursor appears.

You mean when hovered, right? Because then's when it usually appears. You do it with CSS. No need to involve JavaScript.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/ui.html#propdef-cursor
User is offlinePM
katanajo
post Jul 9 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Thank you for the quick response. I tried replaced <h1 onClick="Prob9()"><u><font size="2" color="#580028" face="Arial">Supporting Partners</font></u></h1> with <a href=”java script:Prob10();” style=”font-family:Arial; font-size:12px; color:#580028;”>Services</a> but it didn't work. Here is the problem in all honestly, I don't know where it goes within the code...will you please provide me with an example of where the placement should be within the code I submitted in my original email?

User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jul 9 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I tried replaced <h1 onClick="Prob9()"><u><font size="2" color="#580028" face="Arial">Supporting Partners</font></u></h1> with <a href=”java script:Prob10();” style=”font-family:Arial; font-size:12px; color:#580028;”>Services</a> but it didn't work.

Don't see anything about cursor there?

Here is the problem in all honestly, I don't know where it goes within the code...will you please provide me with an example of where the placement should be within the code I submitted in my original email?

It goes in your style sheet. If you don't use one, you can use inline style with the style attribute (not recommended).

HTML
<h1 onClick="Prob9()" style="cursor: pointer">...

You should get all that font and color stuff into a style sheet. It would make your markup much easier to handle, and your whole site for that matter.
http://htmlhelp.com/reference/css/
User is offlinePM
katanajo
post Jul 9 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Thank you so much for helping me with this. It works! I'm sure it was remedial for you, but for me...a huge struggle.

God Bless.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:47 AM