Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Android is evil too
pandy
post May 23 2023, 11:37 AM
Post #1

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

When I installed an app I discovered I had another newly installed app that I have NOT downloaded. Youtube Music. And it can't be uninstalled, there is no such option. ninja.gif

So I guess Google now forces apps for their different services on Android users. Anyone else got this without installing it yourselves?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Christian J
post Jun 17 2023, 05:24 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7

By coincidence I actually installed ColorNote the other day. Can you make the text smaller in the list of notes (as opposed to inside each note)?

But I'm suspicious: according to my Glasswire app, it uploaded 70KB twice for some reason last night; and now that I just opened ColorNote briefly, it sent and received 12-13KB right away. Like many other apps it seems to have full network access, which is impossible to disable in the phone's permissions (at least in my Andoid version).
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jun 17 2023, 09:49 AM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Christian J @ Jun 17 2023, 12:24 PM) *

By coincidence I actually installed ColorNote the other day. Can you make the text smaller in the list of notes (as opposed to inside each note)?

List item height, I think. Not sure if it actually makes the text smaller, but it has the same effect. More items visible without scrolling.

But I'm suspicious: according to my Glasswire app, it uploaded 70KB twice for some reason last night; and now that I just opened ColorNote briefly, it sent and received 12-13KB right away. Like many other apps it seems to have full network access, which is impossible to disable in the phone's permissions (at least in my Andoid version).

It can make backups. Maybe that's what it did. I don't have that option checked, but when I got a new phone all my lists were there anyway. Could have been checked on the old phone. Or maybe they were saved through the phone backup. Never figured out how that works, what it backs up and not.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jun 17 2023, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(pandy @ Jun 17 2023, 04:49 PM) *

List item height, I think. Not sure if it actually makes the text smaller, but it has the same effect. More items visible without scrolling.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

It can make backups. Maybe that's what it did.

Yes, seems it had made auto backups four times since I got it. Pretty sure I unchecked that option from the start, but maybe I didn't. Now I deleted all four backup instances, will see if any more are added after this (not that the UI in any program means anything, when it can do whatever it wants silently in the background).
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:28 AM