Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestion
alexo
post Nov 21 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,363

Hello Web Design Group

nice forum, but unfortunately i don't find any section related to ADV, SEO, Web Development sections (only "Web Development Software" which isn't what i mean).

IMHO such huge and growing forum must have such sections :-)

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Nov 21 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Right now, SEO topics can go in General Web Design. We haven't been overwhelmed with enough SEO traffic to justify a separate section.

What do you mean by "ADV"? And what "Web Development" topics couldn't go in General Web Design?
User is offlinePM
alexo
post Nov 21 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Hello Darin McGrew

IMHO Web development and General Web Design are different subjects.

For example in our company we have few great web designers who don't know anything about Web site Development (just to make easy navigated site structure, may be div design ... etc. )

but noting how to develop web site. all we know, that to have nice design site, with uniq and good content isn't enough.

Also, it's your forum and your choice how to manage it :-) It's just a suggestion from user with 1 or 2 posts:-)
User is offlinePM
alexo
post Nov 21 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #4

What do you mean by "ADV"?

Advestisment. all topics related to Pay Per Click Advertising, Affiliate Programs, General Marketing

also they can go to General Web Design section, but IMHO it' will be nice to split this sections
User is offlinePM
alexo
post Nov 21 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #5

And what "Web Development" topics couldn't go in General Web Design?

hmmm

if SEO topics go to General Web Design section, of course "Web Development" topics can go too :-)

But, IMHO all of this are separate and huge subjects.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Nov 21 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Maybe one forum shouldn't try to cover all topics. There are already large forums dedicated to for instance SEO and ad revenue. It isn't my place to make decisions, but I feel the forum is a little largish as it is. blush.gif
User is offlinePM
alexo
post Nov 22 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #7

of course it's not my part to to make decisions too :-), but look on other forums for instance SEO and ad revenue(which you mention), you think that they are on the best position/level than forums.htmlhelp.com ? i don't think such.

so, IMHO (i repeat IMHO ) having few moderators/advanced users (related to this themes), forums.htmlhelp.com can quickly be one of the first forums in this area too.

htmlhelp.com as i understand (sorry for for my english) mean just html help :-)
but as u can view there are hosting or php related sections:-)

so why not SEO or ad revenue? i don't suggest to open here HIV/AIDS section, but if php is related to "html", IMHO SEO is more related to "html".

For example, when 9-10 years i start my online business, the first think that i learn it was html, the second was SEO and ADV basics.
But php i learn only 3-4 years ago, as having basic knowledge in html, seo and webmastering is enough to earn 1$ :-) (just kidding , but hope U understand what i mean).

Now, when there are a lot of CMS-s, and Shopping carts and other scripts, IMHO a lot of "newbie" webmasters are sure, that PHP knowledge is additional.

so-so :-)

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 05:27 PM