Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How bad is Win 10?
Christian J
post Oct 1 2021, 03:15 PM
Post #281

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(pandy @ Oct 1 2021, 08:39 PM) *

I pasted. Are you saying it only happens when you paste, not when you type? Maybe something's wrong with your pastry. tongue.gif

Could be, I copied it from Firefox. mellow.gif

QUOTE(pandy @ Oct 1 2021, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Christian J @ Oct 1 2021, 07:59 PM) *

What a mess. wacko.gif

Judging from the timeline there they are still developing EdgeHTML. What do they use it for now when they've ripped it out of the browser?

Maybe they've just thrown it away, who knows? Seems typically Microsoft to constantly change direction like that.
User is online!PM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Oct 1 2021, 05:07 PM
Post #282

🌟Computer says no🌟

Member No.: 6

I meant that they don't seem to have done that, if I understand the timeline right.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Oct 1 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #283

You mean where it says they changed Edge to Chromium between 2018 and 2021, but continued development of EdgeHTML until 2020? Maybe the versions from 2018 were just security patches.

Or maybe Chromium is just a temporary solution while they continue developing EdgeHTML, and will put it back in Edge once they've caught up with Chromium.
User is online!PM
pandy
post Oct 2 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #284

🌟Computer says no🌟

Guess they could be. Did you ever use the EdgeHTML version? When I got Win10 Edge was already chromium based.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Oct 2 2021, 03:38 PM
Post #285

Maybe for testing some web page. Never for personal browsing. laugh.gif
User is online!PM
pandy
post Oct 2 2021, 03:57 PM
Post #286

🌟Computer says no🌟

The updated version has glitches the old version didn't have. Annoying. I use it for a specific purpose where I expect to get lots of cookies. I don't use it for browsing otherwiser either, so that way I keep the cookies contained. The favourites bar is all messed up and flickers and I actually use that.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 11 2022, 09:33 PM
Post #287

🌟Computer says no🌟

How to make the bluetooth icon always visible?

Background: I've started to also use my bluetooth handsfree that I normally use with my phone with my desktop. I got one of those USB thingies to get it to support bluetooth. I use it when I watch a movie or something late, to not disturb my neighbours. I don't want to use a corded headset - I want to be free! wink.gif But my headsets get confused when both the phone and the computer wants to connect and I have to go into settings on one or the other. It's easier to have bluetooth off on the computer during daytime.

I can set the bluetooth CP to show in the tray, but it does only when bluetooth is on. If I turn it off it goes away. To turn it on again I have to go through the whole process, search for bluetooth and so on. That's why I would want the icon to always be visible, so I can quickly turn bluetooth off and on without hassle.

I found some suggestions here. The first is crap, the second looked promising, but I don't have it like that and can't find the option the poster mentions.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...d7-6ba8fd1ed4e6

Any shortcut to the bluetooth CP would do. If it's a standalone file a bat file to run it would suffice, but I don't know if it is and where to find it. Something to type in the RUN box would also work.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 11 2022, 10:49 PM
Post #288

🌟Computer says no🌟

Of course I found it in as soon as I had asked about it here. Must be magic, that.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/blu...h_shortcut.html

As can be read in the comments, what majorgeeks suggest, fsquirt.exe, brings up settings for file transfer via bluetooth. But a commenter has the solution, bthprops.cpl. It's in C:\Windows\System32 .
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 11 2022, 11:18 PM
Post #289

🌟Computer says no🌟

The icon was pretty boring. The standard bluetooth icon is in fsquirt.exe. So one can rightlick the boring icon, choose Change Icon and type in %SystemRoot%\System32\fsquirt.exe and hit ENTER and there it is.

In case someone else is in need. tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 12 2022, 09:43 AM
Post #290

I think I'll stick with my corded headset. wacko.gif tongue.gif
User is online!PM
pandy
post Feb 12 2022, 10:15 AM
Post #291

🌟Computer says no🌟

Do you remember that you are corded? I don't and walk away... Plus I like to hear things around me too, so mono is preferable.

Sidenote. I'm super tired of people who walks or cycles with stereo headsets. They are a danger to themselves and others and menace to society! Sometimes they are also texting - even if on a bike. So they are basically both deaf and blind. mad.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 12 2022, 12:07 PM
Post #292

Yes, I only use the headphones while in my computer chair. It gets worse when I'm playing guitar with headphones, then cables are going everywhere. blink.gif When playing computer games with headphones I wouldn't notice if the house was on fire. blush.gif

I always take wide berths around cyclists.
User is online!PM
pandy
post Feb 12 2022, 10:04 PM
Post #293

🌟Computer says no🌟

Maybe you use big ones? I've always used small, light ones. So I don't feel them and I just stand up and walk away. cool.gif

I cycle almost daily. It amazes me how people can walk right out in the street without looking. Just make a sharp turn and step right out there, most often looking down at their phone, ears plugged. Sometimes they even push a baby carriage, so the baby is the one who would get smashed. I've had to slam on the brakes more than once. Had I been in a car I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

It's strange, cyclists are so afraid of cars. But I've almost never had an incident with a car. With pedestrians and other cyclists it happens all the time. I rather ride on the road than on those horrid combined cycle and pedestrian lanes for that reason.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 13 2022, 09:29 AM
Post #294

A while ago a lady was standing one one side of the road and her dog on the other, with the long dog leash cordoning off the whole road between them. Just moments before a kid had come charging at full speed on one of those little self-balancing scooters they play with now. It's a miracle they don't end up killing themselves on a daily basis. wacko.gif
User is online!PM
pandy
post Feb 13 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #295

🌟Computer says no🌟

"Flexikoppel"! Hate them. I've had dogs and I hope to have one again, but never would I use a thing like that. My dogs have either been unleashed or leashed, not in-between. If I in some situation would want a long leash I'd use a rope, but not where there's traffic. On top of that people use them in a stupid way, like that lady, they are uncomfortable to hold, the big plastic lump. I looked after a little dog a while and she came with one of those. Sucked. Of course I locked it at a sensible length, but I still had to carry the lump. Doesn't fit in a normal pocket so you still have to carry it even if you let the dog loose. Her owner didn't have a normal leash and I didn't want to buy one or cut a rope, so I persevered.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 13 2022, 02:34 PM
Post #296

Is that what they're called? I suppose they're for dog owners that can't train their dogs properly to walk next to them, and at the same time don't want to follow the dog's every whim. In this case the lady and dog stayed put on opposite sides, so nothing prevented the dog owner from crossing the road.
User is online!PM
pandy
post Feb 14 2022, 12:40 AM
Post #297

🌟Computer says no🌟

Yeah, or they don't dare to unleash the dog, or it's forbidden to do so, and they still want to give it some freedom. I've always used rather long leashes (not THAT long!). It's easy to shorten if needed, but the flexi stuff has a thin synthetic rope that's very uncomfortable to hold compared to a leather leash, especially if the dog weighs more than a couple of kg and you need to shorten it quickly. The mechanism in the handle isn't strong enough to just reel the dog in, the rope needs to be slackened first, so you still have to do it by hand. The dog I looked after was a very small breed and she was old and weak but went bananas when she was in heat and could rush away in any direction. That rope still hurt my hands.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 22 2022, 08:51 AM
Post #298

🌟Computer says no🌟

So another Windows update was forced on me. After that FF doesn't work properly. It refuses to play videos on some sites (SVTPlay is OK, TV4Play is not). At some shopping sites, for example elgiganten.se , product images and some other images aren't shown. The sites work as usual in Edge.

What the heck could cause this?
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Mar 22 2022, 03:31 PM
Post #299

Don't have a TV4 account! IPB Image

Elgiganten works in my FF. Check your Inspector's network log, are there any errors? Do other Gecko-based browsers work?

User is online!PM
pandy
post Mar 22 2022, 04:30 PM
Post #300

🌟Computer says no🌟

Of course it does. Everything worked before the darn windows update. I was watching something before the update and decided to reboot at once to be done with it and wanted to continue to watch directly after and couldn't. Elgiganten I discovred later, but that has also worked before.

Hopefully the next FF update will fix it. Alas I had just updated, but it feels like it's only a few days between updates so the wait shouldn't be too long.

Where to I find the error log? I only know about the crash report.
User is offlinePM

22 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:26 PM