Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Viewing my site in another browser
SLS
post Jul 23 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,239

Hi, everybody! Why I'm posting this is because I having a problem viewing one of my sites in another browser because someone said that the navigation area on one of my sites slightly covers the main area on some pages; then on one page, there's a gap between them. However, it doesn't look that way on Internet Explorer (which I have), but the browser that someone else viewed it is Safari on a Mac. So, is there any way to fix this problem? Because I'm getting frustrated with this problem because I'm tired of playing guessing games and I'm tired of changing something on one of my sites; then as a result, something else on my page changes.
To better understand what my problem is, here's a link to my site that I'm referring to:
http://www.debt.multiservers.com
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Jul 23 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

I see the same thing in Opera and Firefox. I thought it was intentional. But it looks like you're assuming MSIE's broken box model.

To fix it, adjust your CSS to use the standard box model, and use a DOCTYPE declaration that puts MSIE into standards mode.
User is offlinePM
SLS
post Jul 23 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,239

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Jul 23 2007, 09:57 AM) *

I see the same thing in Opera and Firefox. I thought it was intentional. But it looks like you're assuming MSIE's broken box model.

To fix it, adjust your CSS to use the standard box model, and use a DOCTYPE declaration that puts MSIE into standards mode.

Hi, Darin! How do I adjust my CSS to use the standard box model and what DOCTYPE declaration do I type? Because I read the link, but it didn't say how to do those things.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:26 AM