Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Download attribute error
technoguru
post Jun 10 2021, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,974

hello techie nerds,
As I have come across a error related to a download attribute , as after mentioning the image path correctly in the href, i am not able to download the image , it is showing the error named as 'no file', but the path given in href is completely correct.
I have tried all possibilities like taken image files in both .png and .jpg format, but still no 'file found'.
Hope i get any solution from someone wiser knowledgeable person.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Brian Chandler
post Jun 10 2021, 06:01 AM
Post #2

Jocular coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Nobody can possibly answer this without some detail: a link to the page where the file is supposed to be, and a listing of the directory showing the file really is where you think it is. If in (Document root)/pics/ there is a file peanuts.jpg, then a web access to (Domain)/pics/peanuts.jpg will download it. But everything has to be exactly right: "peanuts" is not the same as "Peanuts", and so on.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jun 10 2021, 10:50 AM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Not sure what you are doing. Is it your image that you have uploaded to a server and you want to link directly to it? You don't seem to be sure about what the correct extension is. On the other hand, if it isn't your image, how do you know that the URL is correct? You say href, not src, so I assume the image isn't displayed on the page.

That said, are you sure you also use the correct case? img.jpg, IMG.jpg, imge.JPG, ImG.jPg and so on are all different files on most servers, which unlike Windows are case sensitive.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:02 PM