The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Customer or Visitor Contact Form Submission, Need To Understand and Update Existing Code
jerkinslow
post Jul 16 2020, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,145

Greetings: I've recently taken over responsibility for managing the following website: Abacus Custom Painting. There are three site webpages on which three (in question) submission forms are embedded:

Those pages are:

1) Home Page: Note the "No Job Too Small... Get Your Free Estimate Today!" submission form. Visitors are encouraged to submit first name, last name, email address & phone number, and a brief description of needed work vis-a-vis this form.
2) 7 Things You Must Know Before Hiring a Painter Page: Note the "Get Your Free Estimate Today!" submission form. Visitors are encouraged to submit first name, last name, email address & phone number, zipcode, and a brief description of needed work vis-a-vis this form.
3) 5 Suggestions To Choose Paint Colors Page: Note the "Get Your Free Estimate Today!" submission form (same as above.)

For the first two impacted site-pages and submission forms, can someone identify the specific code (in its entirety) which governs these two unique submission forms? My goal with posting this thread is to:

1) better understand what specific script(s), even if those scripts are remotely-hosted, is being invoked when a site visitor chooses to submit contact details through one or all of the above submission forms &
2) understand exactly (step by step) what process or code edits/modifications are needed to ensure site visitor-provided contact details are submitted/routed to an email address of my choosing.

Thanks in advance --
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:32 PM