> How bad is Win 10?
pandy
post Dec 28 2022, 02:53 AM
Post #361

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Christian J @ Dec 28 2022, 01:52 AM) *

That sounds like a bug, unless you've unknowingly used a neighbor's open Wi-Fi all the time. happy.gif

Phone displayed the name of my old wifi.
Now I've tried to get into the wifi on the new router. It comes preconfigured and everything you need is printed on a plastic card, like a CC. Only it doesn't accept the password. 🤮

Desktop PC's can have Wi-Fi too if the network card supports it, I thought you used your router for that purpose.

No. I like cabled. Wifi is just for the phone. And long ago I used it for a Netbook. Don't have a laptop or a tablet. No use for them, really. Well, a tablet could be fun for watching movies in bed or on travels, but not fun enough to motivate the cost.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jan 11 2023, 01:37 PM
Post #362

🌟Computer says no🌟

*beep* on TeleSnor! One week I was without internet over Christmas. Know what? Now it's gone again. Exactly the same as last time. Supports HOPES that they'll have time to look at it this week. Gaah! 🤬👿👿👿👿👿
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 11 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #363

🌟Computer says no🌟

*beep* means a word for *beep* beginning and ending with P with two Os in-between. ninja.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 11 2023, 01:43 PM
Post #364

🌟Computer says no🌟

Jesus almighty! *beep* 2 - latin for the same thing as *beep* 1. F*e*c*e*s. 😂

Not that they need more of that. They are full of it already. 😁
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jan 11 2023, 03:10 PM
Post #365

Member No.: 7

You mean your internet returned by itself after a week around Christmas, or did they fix it somehow?
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 11 2023, 05:55 PM
Post #366

🌟Computer says no🌟

They fixed it. How I don't know. They didn't communicate. Two days AFTER it started to work again I got an SMS just saying that it worked again.

When you call and they start trouble shooting they say you will receive and SMS from the technicians. They'll continue to keep you updated and if you wonder about something - ANYTHING - you can just reply to that SMS. Lie. They send two SMS. One when they start and one when they are throught (or two days later...). They do not answer questions. IPB Image
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 11 2023, 06:08 PM
Post #367

🌟Computer says no🌟

Imagine I fixed a deal with Bahnhof when I was on the board. Much faster than now, same speed up and down, no lousy "stadsnät". A small initial cost for hardware for the condo and just a little more per month for us. The guy who set up the current deal with Bredbandsbolaget called them and we were offered a new router and a little higher speed if we signed for a new binding period, I think it was 4 years. The cost was a bit higher, so in reality they didn't give us anything, the router was needed for the higher speed. They just tricked us to sign for a new deal. My stupid neighbours voted for that suggestion.

When I called Bahnhof one of the bosses answered. He explained the difference between stadsnät and a dedicated provider, in detail.
Said he would send someone out to check if our hardware (the stuff in the cellar) was good enough. Less than an hour later he called again and said he had an errand anyway so he had been here himself and our stuff was OK. Talk about different ways of handling things! I was so happy, because I was sure my suggestion would be accepted and looked forward to this kind of service if there would be any problems in the future. Yeah, right. unsure.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jan 12 2023, 08:25 AM
Post #368

QUOTE(pandy @ Jan 11 2023, 07:37 PM) *

*beep* on TeleSnor! One week I was without internet over Christmas. Know what? Now it's gone again. Exactly the same as last time. Supports HOPES that they'll have time to look at it this week. Gaah! 🤬👿👿👿👿👿

At this stage they should compensate you for it, since it seems obvious that they are to blame.

Are your neighbors still not affected? Still seems strange to me that they would use separate hardware for each apartment, I'd imagine all the cables merge into a single device ASAP (if nothing else to save cost).

Jesus almighty! *beep*

Where is the *beep*-word database for this forum? Is it public? laugh.gif

When you call and they start trouble shooting they say you will receive and SMS from the technicians. They'll continue to keep you updated and if you wonder about something - ANYTHING - you can just reply to that SMS. Lie. They send two SMS. One when they start and one when they are throught (or two days later...). They do not answer questions. IPB Image

Maybe they're overworked, or maybe your questions are too hard. cool.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jan 12 2023, 08:36 AM
Post #369

QUOTE(pandy @ Jan 12 2023, 12:08 AM) *

When I called Bahnhof one of the bosses answered. He esplained the difference between stadsnät and a dedicated provider, in detail.
Said he would send someone out to check if our hardware (the stuff in the cellar) was good enough. Less than an hour later he called again and said he had an errand anyway so he had been here himself and our stuff was OK.

Impressive! cool.gif

So Bahnhof thought the hardware was OK, but BBB thinks it's old? Who is responsible for maintaining that hardware, the apartment cooperative or the ISP? Maybe the latter wants to sell new gear to the cooperative. ninja.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 12 2023, 09:20 AM
Post #370

🌟Computer says no🌟

No, Bahnhof didn't check it that way, just if it was dimensioned for the speed we would get and compatibly with their stuff in general.

Yes, I've always had a good feeling about Bahnhof. I remember how they refused to provide logs and so on when the Piratebay mess was going on. They seem to have a spine.

Yes, only me. When this started, 1-2 years ago, I was without internet for 3 weeks. I partly understand that. It was during one of the covid waves and the company they use for service hardly had any technicians standing. That time they were here and did something with the hardware. That time I demanded compensation. They said they couldn't send it to me, because we don't have individual contracts, the condo stands for it. If they sent money to the condo I don't know. I didn't get anything anyway.

The condo don't give a damn because it works for the rest of them. The person responsible has offered to come and take a look at my computer. Jesus. They don't even get that the problem is way outside my apartment. I haven't reported these two last incidents. It just complicates things if they get involved too. It's faster to handle things with TeleSnor myself. Especially since they probably need to have at least one board meeting before they do anything at all... been there. I will tell them what's happened though, just haven't got around to it.

It works now. So I'll live. A while.

I have not gotten any SMS at all from TeleSnor's technicians. Just a request to answer a survey. They can forget that. After my call to them yesterday I got an SMS. They asked me how likely it was I would recommend their services, on a scale from 0 to 10. I usually just delete crap like that, but this was too tempting, so I answered 0. That triggered the survey request, but I'm not doing that. tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 12 2023, 09:25 AM
Post #371

🌟Computer says no🌟

QUOTE(Christian J @ Jan 12 2023, 02:25 PM) *

Are your neighbors still not affected? Still seems strange to me that they would use separate hardware for each apartment, I'd imagine all the cables merge into a single device ASAP (if nothing else to save cost).

It looks similar to the electric central. Big cables coming in and then a "central" with individual boxes for each apartment. So there's an individual line to each of us from there. What's in the boxes I don't know. Spying equipment probably. ninja.gif

I'll take a shot if I remember. I'm passing it anyway when I fetch my bike.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 12 2023, 01:25 PM
Post #372

🌟Computer says no🌟

It doesn't look as impressive anymore. They redid the electric stuff when they changed the pipes and manage to hide the incoming fiber cables too. There used to be a thick bundle of them up in the roof.

Attached Image

How come Darin could post a large photo BTW? mad.gif
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Jan 12 2023, 02:48 PM
Post #373

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

How come Darin could post a large photo BTW?
Maybe it's a difference between admins and moderators?
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Jan 12 2023, 02:50 PM
Post #374

I only see two boxes in that picture, the top white and bottom black. unsure.gif Is it open and unprotected like that? Looks like anybody could disturb those cables or even unplug them.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 12 2023, 04:28 PM
Post #375

🌟Computer says no🌟

It's one box. Or cabinet rather. The black thing is inside the cabinet, some kind of super router thingamajig (I'm guessing). Yeah, it was open. unsure.gif

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Jan 12 2023, 08:48 PM) *

How come Darin could post a large photo BTW?
Maybe it's a difference between admins and moderators?

Obviously... rolleyes.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 12 2023, 06:07 PM
Post #376

🌟Computer says no🌟

QUOTE(Christian J @ Jan 12 2023, 02:25 PM) *

Maybe they're overworked, or maybe your questions are too hard. cool.gif

Hardly. Last time I asked the following. "Any chance this will be fixed before newyear? Because if it isn't I need to buy more mobile data and my provider has a special that ends the 31th". Like they cared about that. IPB Image

I could buy 50 GB for 195. Normally it costs 245 for 10 GB. But now I see they have prolonged that offer and renamed it from New Year Surf to Winter Surf. Sigh. Can't trust anyone.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 17 2023, 08:32 AM
Post #377

New video shows how much more data Windows 11 sends compared to XP:
https://www.neowin.net/news/new-video-shows...older-versions/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4vDfA_4NI
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 17 2023, 09:16 AM
Post #378

🌟Computer says no🌟

Add to that cell phones and all Google services. We could as well be chipped.

"Windows XP, which many consider one of the best Windows releases alongside Windows 7"

Wasn't 7 considered a bad apple? Or do I remember wrong. I never had it. 95, 2000, XP, 10 are all I've tried. I liked 2000.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 17 2023, 09:17 AM
Post #379

🌟Computer says no🌟

Since I play a GPS game I almost always have GPS on when I'm out and about. But they won't get much out of the places I'm going. tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 17 2023, 12:25 PM
Post #380

A Pi-hole or similar external firewall should stop most of the traffic. Maybe also Windows' own hosts file, though it seems Window bypasses it to an unknown extent.

QUOTE(pandy @ Feb 17 2023, 03:16 PM) *

"Windows XP, which many consider one of the best Windows releases alongside Windows 7"

Wasn't 7 considered a bad apple? Or do I remember wrong. I never had it. 95, 2000, XP, 10 are all I've tried. I liked 2000.

No, 7 seemed to be very popular. Many complained about Vista though (I personally had no trouble with it), and even more about Windows 8.
User is offlinePM

22 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
24 User(s) are reading this topic (24 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:34 AM