Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need advice, website designer is full of S**T
Bsteinke7
post Jul 14 2021, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,014

Hello everyone,

I should start off by informing you I have very little knowledge about web design. My friend and I decided to make a fun project we are passionate about and sought help on designing a website. The website design company has been a nightmare to work with and continues to pressure us to pay them more and more money for things I firmly believe we do not need. We are a month behind the launch, continue to ask questions of what they have "Fixed / Worked on" and will likely need a local company to help fix things this company has not. (Should have gone local to start wacko.gif )

Most recently this web design company is saying our website is so large we need a dedicated server. Suddenly the demo site has a loading screen that was placed over it to make it appear that it is not loading correctly / slow.

Can someone please take a look and let me know if "preloader-plus.min.css?ver=2.2.1" is the folder that is causing this? I would love to call them out, but feel our product is being held hostage and id hate to start over. Any and all advice is very welcomed.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Bsteinke7
post Jul 14 2021, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 28,014

I have found all of my answers, how do i delete this post?
User is offlinePM
Brian Chandler
post Jul 14 2021, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Jocular coder

Member No.: 43

It's not really clear what the problem is; "plus.min.css?ver=2.2.1" is not a "folder" in any obvious sense, and the url https://designwebdemos.com/preloader-plus.min.css?ver=2.2.1 gives "not found". The whole thing is a bit entertaining, with lots of jiggle and wiggle, but there is hardly any real content, so it is very hard to see why it should take so long to load.
(Actually that stylesheet is here: https://designwebdemos.com/welfare-coin/wp-....css?ver=21.2.5 and it's 55K of bloat. This would not turn a smooth working website into a hopeless crawl.)

No-one can just look at this website and tell you why it is so slow, except that bloat is built in. What do they mean by claiming it is "large"?? How many pages? Normally you need a dedicated server if you are getting a huge amount of traffic, not because any particular webpage is "large".

You need to ask a more specific question - "We need this page to do xyz, and they say this requires a power rationalization unit -- are they bullshitting us?"
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:27 PM