The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML Source Code Changes From Machine to Machine, Button is missing when I view page w. my desktop but is there when I l
Carl
post Mar 22 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,296

This one has me scratching my head.

The web page is illinoiswinefestival.org. There is supposed to be a sponsor button at the bottom of the page. I can see the button with the laptop, but I can't see the button with my desk top. This is after all of the refreshing I can muster.

When I look at the page source, the appropriate HTML source code is missing from the DT view. But, it is there in the LT view.

THe DT is running XP Home and the LT is running Vista.

Where are those lines of code to display that button going? It appears that this may be happening only on my DT. All of the other units can see the page display correctly.

Any help?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Mar 23 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Are you referring to gettickets.jpg? Or to some other button?

You might be getting a cached version on one system, or perhaps you've got some sort of ad filter blocking 127x34 pixel images.
User is offlinePM
Brian Chandler
post Mar 23 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #3

Jocular coder

Member No.: 43

I think the OP mentioned checking the cache... but are these ad-blockers really so stupid as to just remove images of particular dimensions? And not even replace them by a panel the same size saying 'Ad?' ... Does anyone know how widespread this stuff is? It's rather like the AOL solution to spam which is to throw absolutely everything away. Look: no spam!
User is offlinePM
Carl
post Mar 23 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,296

No, the missing text is one of the menu items at the bottom. From the left the menu items should read : "Sponsorship" "Aviston" "Oswego" and "Contact US"

On the DT Machine, "Sponsorship" is missing.

Actually, upon a bit more investigation, I can find the link with the cursor in the rollover mode. But, interestingly, when I click on the link I get a page not found error. That's because a space has been added to the source(???)

Maybe I shoud just shoot the desk top and the gremlins who are messing about with the source.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2020 - 11:28 PM