Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> secure log in page.
Garth Marlow
post Jan 18 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,613

My business partner and I would like to add an "Associates Only" tab to our site at beckmaninspections.com . Here is our vision...can you give me a suggestion of how to get there. I want our inspectors to be able to click on this new tab, insert a password and be able to have functional access to something like an Excell spread sheet. I want them to be able to add or delete data for everyone else to access. When my guys are on the road it would be helpful if everyone could be up to date on the current staus of projects and be able to add data accordingly. Is there a better way to do this than the way I am envisioning? Thanx
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Effovex
post Jan 18 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Serious Coder

Member No.: 1,477

What you are envisioning is possible, though probably costly to implement - letting your "guys on the road" make changes through remote access is probably much easier to do.

If you really want to do it web-based, you can Google for "web2.0 spreadsheet", "ajax spreadsheet" and see if you can come up with a piece of software that suits your needs and budget. You're probably better to hire professionals to do this as it could easily prove a huge security liability.
User is offlinePM
Sparkyg
post Jan 19 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 270

Hi There

How many users will be accessing the data, if it's more than a couple then you probably won't get away with using a speadsheet.

You will need to look at a database system, depending on your requirements there maybe something you can use "out of the box", but more than likely it will be bespoke.

Your current site is on an apache server so it is quite possible you have php and mysql already available, which would make a good platform for your new system.

best wishes

Len

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:15 AM