Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Growing Statusbar?
andymc
post Dec 21 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,352

Hi,

Just wondering if somebody who know's alot about Flash and/or HTML could take a look and explain to me what I am doing wrong.

I have never had this problem before, but on this particular site, I had created a top frame, a middle section and a bottom frame, then I had a Flash menu in the bottom frame, but when you clicked a link, it causes a grey line to appear right acoss the page above the frame, so I scrapped that and made a version using PHP Tables instead of frames, and now when you click a link the status bar seems to get slightly bigger, and gets bigger everytime you click until the page just goes all white.

Seems to work fine if you use an HTML link instead, but why is this happening with a flash link?

Is it a coding problem, or just my computer for some reason?

My test site if you'd like to take a look, which id appreciate, the site is at HERE

Only the Home page and Gallery links are currently working, and the home page is just a test with part of a story on it to test the text.

Thanks,

Andy
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Dec 21 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(andymc @ Dec 21 2006, 06:57 AM) *
My test site if you'd like to take a look, which id appreciate, the site is at HERE
I get a blank black window. You should include HTML content for those of us with Flash disabled/unavailable. That includes Google.
User is offlinePM
andymc
post Dec 23 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #3

Probably still applies i'd of thought, but I have replaced the HTML files so the Flash no longer appears on the main parts, and so by clicking the Home and Gallery links repeatedly should result in the status bar seemingly getting taller?
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Dec 23 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #4

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

http://82.110.105.77/andrewmcintosh.co.uk/...?location=intro (is the double slash intentional?)

My activeX security settings(?) cause a security warning for some reason.

Also it seems the Gallery link opens new framesets inside the first one, this might be the cause of the growing gray bar. If you do want to link to new complete framesets, use

CODE
target="_top"

User is online!PM
andymc
post Dec 24 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #5

Thank you Christian,

I think when I have changed the site from using frames to PHP tables I have not changed the link's properly and they were still trying to load into frames, I have followed your suggestion and the bar no longer appears to grow.

I can finally do some work on my site now, thanks alot, appreciate the help. happy.gif
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:06 PM