Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel to HTML, Formatting problem when converting Excel sheet
Baz Baziah
post Dec 17 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,322

Hi there,

I'm new around here and hope that I have posted my question in the correct forum.

I am using Excel 2002 with SP3, IE 6 and windows XP. I am currently having poblems when converting excel sheets to HTML and the way they dispaly within a web page.

I convert the sheet using the standard Excel 'save a web page' option but without the 'add interactivity' option checked. The conversion goes well and adding it into the web page goes easy enough. however when I (or others) come to look at the page the formatting, spacing etc. is all jumbled. The level of jumble changes each and every time the page is loaded. However a simple click on the refresh button resolves the problem and the sheet then displays correctly.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong ? I'm no expert at HTML (2/10) but know my way around Excel (7/10).

Cheers,

Jim

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Dec 17 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I expect Excel's HTML output is every bit as horrid as Word's. You probably have to clean it up by hand. Could you link to a sample page, please? Then we can give you better advice.
User is offlinePM
Baz Baziah
post Dec 17 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(pandy @ Dec 17 2006, 01:20 PM) *

I expect Excels's HTML output is every bit as horrid as Word's. You probably have to clean it up by hand. Could you link to a sample page, please? Then we can give you better advice.

Here you go, there are three pages listed here. All are part of a fan based Star Tek Game so excuse the 'nerdy' aspect of the content !

http://www.tacticalstarshipcombat.com/FASA/sds/D88_sds.htm

http://www.tacticalstarshipcombat.com/FASA/sds/D59_sds.htm

http://www.tacticalstarshipcombat.com/FASA/sds/D90_sds.htm

Each of them mess up when you first load the page then correct themselves after a simple refresh ?

Thanks for this,

Jim

User is offlinePM
pandy
post Dec 19 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I'm afraid I don't see anything especially jumbled with those tables. Nothing happenes on refresh either. Tried with IE and FF. Did you fix the problem? unsure.gif
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2024 - 01:45 AM