Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how to find the most visited links in a webpage, need html code
andri
post Jul 4 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,269

Hello,
I an designing a webpage for a company and I need, if someone can tell me, the html code for finding the most visited links in my webpage, so I can place these links in the main page.
Thank you!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
lavazza
post Jul 4 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,191

QUOTE(andri @ Jul 4 2007, 06:26 PM) *
the html code for finding the most visited links in my webpage, so I can place these links in the main page

If it's a 'hit counter' embedded in your html that you want, the only ones I know of are not only commercial products, but don't have a great range of features

Unlike awstats (sourceforge.net), which runs on all platforms, is competely free (as in beer) and doesn't visually pollute your pages - the data is compehensive and presented in a handy, easy to sort table layout on a separate page e.g. www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl

AWStats is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically.

This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages.

It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all major server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of other web, proxy, wap, streaming servers, mail servers and some ftp servers.

This post has been edited by lavazza: Jul 4 2007, 03:14 AM
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Jul 4 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(andri @ Jul 3 2007, 11:26 PM) *
I an designing a webpage for a company and I need, if someone can tell me, the html code for finding the most visited links in my webpage, so I can place these links in the main page.
There is no HTML to do what you want.

If the only links you care about are those to your own site, then you can check your server logs.

If you care about links to external sites, then it's a bit more complicated. First, you need to create internal URLs that redirect to those external sites. Then you need to change your links to use these internal redirecting URLs. Then you need to check your server logs for traffic to these internal redirecting URLs.
User is offlinePM
arcticwanderer
post Jul 8 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,151

I thought whoever is hosting your site would provide that information. My webhost Fatcow.com does.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:14 AM