Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> problem about page jumping
sywei1
post Aug 10 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,875

I write the code for the footer on the home page so that when people click on it, it takes you to the different section of another page.

The problem is that it only stays at the correct section for few seconds and then turn back to the top of the page....
This is the page:http://www.specfurniture.com/

Anybody can help me? Thanks!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 10 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Which of the two links is it and what brower do you use? I don't see what you describe on either linked page.
User is offlinePM
sywei1
post Aug 10 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,875

It's in IE, it doesn't even work in other browsers.
the link is the footer which says "Midway" and "New 2mm Biopolymer Edge"
So when you click these two image , it suppose to take you to the other page in different section
which show the content of "Midway" and "New 2mm Biopolymer Edge"

QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 10 2011, 02:25 PM) *

Which of the two links is it and what brower do you use? I don't see what you describe on either linked page.

User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 10 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

OK, I see it in IE6. But this is JavaScript hell. JavaSript writes iframes all over the place and I think the scrolling is done by JS too, right? Why? The browser can scroll all by itself to an anchor. I haven't untangled it so I may very well miss something or a whole lot of things, but it looks like overkill.

Anyway, when I go to http://www.specfurniture.com/fps_new.html#midway I get the JS error:
CODE
Line 167: Object required

and the debugger points to this line in your JavaScript.
CODE
this.css=bw.dom?document.getElementById(obj).style:bw.ie4?document.all[obj].style:bw.ns4?eval(nest+'document.'+obj):0;

Don't know if it's related...
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 10 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

Opera that doesn't scroll at all says this which seems related since it seems to have to do with scrolling.

CODE

JavaScript - http://www.specfurniture.com/fps_new.html
Event thread: load
Error:
name: TypeError
message: Statement on line 51: Cannot convert undefined or null to Object
Backtrace:
  Line 51 of inline#3 script in http://www.specfurniture.com/fps_new.html: In function makeScrollObj
          this.css=bw.dom?document.getElementById(obj).style:bw.ie4?document.all[obj].style:bw.ns4?eval(nest+'document.'+obj):0;        
  Line 103 of inline#3 script in http://www.specfurniture.com/fps_new.html: In function scrollInit
        oScroll[0] = new makeScrollObj('divScroll1','divCont')
  Line 1 of function script
    scrollInit();MM_preloadImages('images/menu/what1_on.gif','images/menu/public_on.gif','images/menu/seating_on.gif','images/menu/tables_on.gif','images/menu/contracts_on.gif','images/menu/install_on.gif','images/menu/fabrics_on.gif','images/menu/contact_on.gif','images/menu/over_on.gif','images/menu/coop_c_on.gif','images/menu/comp_p_on.gif','images/menu/mid_p_on.gif','images/menu/2000_p_on.gif','images/menu/prof_p_on.gif','images/menu/traf_p_on.gif','images/menu/sect_p_on.gif','images/menu/over_on.gif','images/menu/dorse_on.gif','images/menu/vern_on.gif','images/menu/vern_m_on.gif','images/menu/brace_on.gif','images/menu/hunt_on.gif','images/menu/snow_p_on.gif','images/menu/cray_p_on.gif','images/menu/alert_p_on.gif','images/menu/class_p_on.gif','images/menu/round_p_on.gif','images/menu/stack_on.gif','images/menu/stools_on.gif','images/menu/ten_l_on.gif','images/menu/mobi_on.gif','images/menu/flip_on.gif','images/menu/train_p_on.gif','images/menu/board_p_on.gif','images/menu/cond_p_on.gif','images/menu/fitt_p_on.gif','images/menu/cruis_p_on.gif','images/menu/dani_on.gif','images/menu/mod_on.gif','images/menu/base_on.gif','images/menu/power_on.gif','images/menu/mobi_t_on.gif','images/menu/mobi_c_on.gif','images/menu/cruis_c_on.gif','images/menu/cruis_t_on.gif','images/menu/nova_on.gif','images/menu/gsa_on.gif','images/menu/state_on.gif','images/menu/other_on.gif','images/menu/pub_i_on.gif','images/menu/seat_i_on.gif','images/menu/tab_i_on.gif','images/menu/cray_i_on.gif','images/menu/comp_i_on.gif','images/menu/fitt_i_on.gif','images/menu/cast_p_on.gif','images/menu/cust_on.gif','images/menu/i_train_on.gif','images/menu/i_board_on.gif','images/menu/i_cond_on.gif','images/menu/i_fitt_on.gif','images/menu/i_cast_on.gif','images/menu/i_snow_on.gif','images/menu/i_comp_on.gif','images/menu/i_mid_on.gif','images/menu/i_2000_on.gif','images/menu/i_traf_on.gif','images/menu/i_sect_on.gif','images/menu/fabr_on.gif','images/menu/fram_on.gif','images/menu/lam_on.gif','images/menu/pvc_on.gif','images/menu/hard_on.gif','images/menu/coop_f_on.gif','images/menu/ten_on.gif','images/menu/mesh_on.gif','images/menu/snow_t_on.gif','images/menu/fitt_t_on.gif','images/menu/terms_t_on.gif','images/menu/head_on.gif','images/menu/liter_on.gif','images/menu/war_on.gif','images/menu/can_on.gif','images/menu/us_on.gif','images/menu_ban/home_on_04.jpg')
stacktrace: n/a; see 'opera:config#UserPrefs|Exceptions Have Stacktrace'

User is offlinePM
raydin
post Aug 13 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,164

Why don't you use normal anchors?
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:35 PM