The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> a client side database simple, I need to make a client side database simple one with less secruity
irshad2759
post Sep 5 2015, 01:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,484

Hi I am making a site, an offline site, that just show some description and all I am not going to host it but I just want to learn some stuff in html and javascript.

Currently I made a registration form that asks username and passwords, age etc etc. I want to know how can I save that username and password in my computer say a text file or some other.

I will explain it more..if I just give a usernamr and password and other details in registration form, I want the Web automatically enter these details to a file after clicking submit button . And I also need a login system that checks if these username and password exits in that file that we said earlier and if yes just open a webpage with login success.

As I already it is just simply and don't want much secruity as none just makes accounts rather than me 😂. I just want to learn it.
Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
CharlesEF
post Sep 5 2015, 04:43 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 19,088

Since you are learning I will 'assume' you want to learn server side code, like PHP or ASP, or something besides client side Javascript. You do want to learn just as if you are writing web pages for the Internet?

I would suggest you install a local web-server with PHP and a local installation of MySQL for database operations. I would look here for the XAMPP install files.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Sep 5 2015, 05:01 AM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

Javascript normally can't write to files, but you could save the data in a cookie: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/We...Document/cookie

For larger amounts of data Web Storage (localStorage) might be used: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/We...Web_Storage_API
User is offlinePM
irshad2759
post Sep 5 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 23,484

Can you guys give me a code of what should I give at the end when I click submit button in registration form that could write it in a database and a login form that checks if these names are in database (clientside). Please give max comments in the codes.

Thank you every much
User is offlinePM
CharlesEF
post Sep 6 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #5

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 19,088

That is such a subjective question. It would be better it you just googled around the internet. There are a number of contact forms available complete with HTML, CSS and PHP code. There are also tons of PHP and MySQL database code available on the internet. Google is your friend.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2020 - 11:18 PM