The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feedback Requested for Technology Blog Site.
AnishaTiczon
post Jul 26 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,251

I have created this Web Development blog site with several articles based on my own work experience in the industry for more then a decade. I am really curious to get the feedback on the site regarding following things

1. Design of the site
2. Quality of articles
3. The logo
4. Any other distracting things on site.

Site URL : http://www.fromdev.com

I am not an artist and understand that having a good looking site is really important, however I can not tell if its good looking until some people review and tell me how it looks. I have asked my wife to tell her opinion and she does not like the colors on the site and the logo.

I personally think it has a lot of scope of improvement but have limited creativity and knowledge of making it beautiful. So feel free to suggest options for building a beautiful site too.

I dont mind harsh feedback, you can be rude to me and say this site sucks, however I would appreciate if you be honest and could tell me what are the things you do not like about it being so.

Thanks for reading this.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jul 26 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Just a thought. The logo (or the whole top bar) is small, neat, simple. So are the green top and side bars. Subdued. Nothing wrong with that, but it sort of clashes with the rest of the site. The article logos are big, fluffy, pastelly. At first it looks almost as if the articles were framed from another site.

Note that I like both looks, I just don't think they go well together. But I'm not good at visual design, so don't mind what I say too much. blush.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:40 PM