Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Urgent help needed asap please!
kop442000
post Nov 16 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,272

Hi guys.. I have a website that has a box where people can submit their email addresses on there.

I got the form working fine using php and the email addresses were coming into my email address as they should.

Now people are visiting the site, but I have realised that the form is not working anymore! When they submit is says "failure". I'm not sure that I have changed anything so I don't know what is wrong.

Here is the code:

"<?php
if ($_POST["email"]<>'') {
$email_from = 'info@runyourownrestaurant.com';
$ToEmail = 'runyourownrestaurant@gmail.com';
$EmailSubject = 'New Investor';
$mailheader = "From: ".$_POST["email"]."\r\n";

$MESSAGE_BODY .= $_POST["email"];

mail($ToEmail, $EmailSubject, $MESSAGE_BODY, $mailheader) or die ("Failure");
?>
<center><b><font face="arial" size="2">Your have registered successfully - thank you! We'll be in touch when the bar on the right reaches the top.<p></font></b></center>
<?php
} else {
?>
<form action="index.php" method="post">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
<td class="bodytext"><center><b><font face="arial" size="2">I'm interested and would potentially like to be involved. Here's my email address:</font></b>
<input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20">

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Send"></td>

</tr>
</table>

</form>
<?php
};
?>
"

If anyone could tell me why it's not working that would be amazing!! Thank you!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
kop442000
post Nov 16 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,272

QUOTE(kop442000 @ Nov 16 2010, 09:19 PM) *

Hi guys.. I have a website that has a box where people can submit their email addresses on there.

I got the form working fine using php and the email addresses were coming into my email address as they should.

Now people are visiting the site, but I have realised that the form is not working anymore! When they submit is says "failure". I'm not sure that I have changed anything so I don't know what is wrong.

Here is the code:

"<?php
if ($_POST["email"]<>'') {
$email_from = 'info@runyourownrestaurant.com';
$ToEmail = 'runyourownrestaurant@gmail.com';
$EmailSubject = 'New Investor';
$mailheader = "From: ".$_POST["email"]."\r\n";

$MESSAGE_BODY .= $_POST["email"];

mail($ToEmail, $EmailSubject, $MESSAGE_BODY, $mailheader) or die ("Failure");
?>
<center><b><font face="arial" size="2">Your have registered successfully - thank you! We'll be in touch when the bar on the right reaches the top.<p></font></b></center>
<?php
} else {
?>
<form action="index.php" method="post">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
<td class="bodytext"><center><b><font face="arial" size="2">I'm interested and would potentially like to be involved. Here's my email address:</font></b>
<input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20">

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Send"></td>

</tr>
</table>

</form>
<?php
};
?>
"

If anyone could tell me why it's not working that would be amazing!! Thank you!!

(only think I can think of that I changed is that I got an email address with the host and they had a box when you set up your email that said:
"Check this box to set the new email as default "From" address for emails sent from scripts in your hosting account" which I did. Could this be the problem? I deleted the mail box but the form still says "failure".)
User is offlinePM
delambo
post Jan 4 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Novice

Member No.: 10,378

It looks to me like you have used some kind of program to generate your php script - maybe with your web host?

If so I would suggest you ask them for advise. Otherwise if you want to learn php a good place to start would be http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

I am afraid I cant see past your first line if ($_POST["email"]<>'') and wonder what on earth you mean by this? Translated to English it reads if $_POST['email'] is less than or greater than nothing....

It would have been so much cleaner and simpler to have simply put

CODE

if ($_POST["email"])
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:28 AM