Reply to this topicStart new topic
> upload items for sale
cilla
post Nov 3 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,064

QUOTE(Brian Chandler @ Nov 26 2008, 01:17 PM) *

I started (learing) programming in 1965 (I think); I effectively "word-processed" my computer-science diploma dissertation in 1971, using a program called the Matthewman Paginator that ran on the Titan computer in Cambridge to output a tape for a flexowriter. Um I started my first website in 1999, and I am still on it, but a part (the jigsaw puzzle shop) has grown into a small business.

I do choral singing and play the piano. I do actually do jigsaw puzzles occasionally, too, but now I pretend it's work.

Hello,
My name is Priscilla. I think my job is getting ready to end pretty soon. I have been playing around with website creation software for a very short period of time. I have this website that I created earlier this year. I am needing some help creating a html script that I can copy and paste into my html editor. I want the script to allow visitors to my web page to upload items for sale and a short description of the item. Something similar to Craigslist. Can you give me any advice or help in getting a script for my web page. Don't laugh but here is my website : www.moneymakingin2010.com I wish I could make it look more professional but I can't; not at this point. My site is hosted through a company called HostClear. Can you help me? Please let me know.
Priscilla
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Nov 3 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Perhaps one of these CGI or PHP classified-ad programs will meet your needs:
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_...Classified_Ads/
http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scri...Classified_Ads/
User is offlinePM
cilla
post Nov 3 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,064

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Nov 3 2010, 01:06 PM) *

O.k. I found the links. This is my first time on this site. I don't know what I am doing. Question. What is better :to continue to use HostClear to host my website and use the software provided there or get some other type of software and create my own website from scratch? I really need to know.
Priscilla
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Nov 3 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

It looks like HostClear supports CGI and PHP, so there is no need to switch providers to get support for them.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:40 PM