The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML text on scroll, I need text to appear in the centre and not scroll the entire length o
ninjatoes
post Dec 2 2019, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,057

hi Guys

I'm trying to create a little site for my company. I want to make it like the Apple AirPods site Apple Homepods

I've followed a few tutorials to get to a point. But I'm having real trouble trying to sort the text out. I would like it to appear central (like the AirPods site) but I can only get it to scroll from top to bottom. and then it scrolls all the way to the top. I would really appreciate any help.

Here is my site for you to look at My site

thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Dec 2 2019, 10:02 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

The text on the AirPod site scrolls normally. And it scrolls all the way to the top. You can see it under the menu.

The trick isn't with the text/page content. It's with the menu. Read about position: fixed . It makes a box stay put where you place it without it scrolling with the rest of the page. You can place a box in the middle of the window if you want. Not very useful, but possible.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#propdef-position

Something to think about is that you need a little extra margin to make your content go free of the menu to start with.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:04 AM