Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is everyone OK?
pandy
post Mar 23 2020, 05:03 PM
Post #1

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I find the corona pandemic scary on so many levels.

It hasn't really taken off here in Sweden yet, or is just starting to. 2 059 confirmed cases (but we test very few...) and 31 deaths, 15 of them today.

How are others doing? U.S. for example is worse off than we are. So are many other countries. Is eveyone here OK so far?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Christian J
post Apr 3 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7

Thanks, pandy! It feels exactly like a cold. But even then that still proves my precautions haven't worked. ninja.gif

Are you under house arrest now?
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 3 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Me? No, I'm fit as a fiddle. And I plan to stay that way. I'm distancing big time. angry.gif

I've heard from a friend who has been down with cold like symptoms (cough but no runny nose) for two weeks. She says she normally gets well in just a few days. So it's probably corona. She isn't feeling very poorly at all. Takes part in meetings over phone and so on.

It's good to hear from people that have the light version. Previously I've only heard from a friend and her teenage son. They've got it really bad with respiratory problems. She even lost consciousness because of that. She went to the ER but was refused both care and testing. They are better now, but still take turns sleeping just in in case. The mother stopped breathing when she slept when it was worse and needed to be woken up. It was scary when they were the only ones I knew - I live alone and no one would wake me up. Horrible not to be able to assist them too. They are just a few minutes walk away. sad.gif
I've offered to take care of their dog, but they are afraid even the dog can spread the virus. I'm not. I draw the paranoia line at dogs. wink.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Apr 4 2020, 09:46 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 4 2020, 01:37 AM) *

It's good to hear from people that have the light version.

Yes, it's worth reminding oneself that the general public isn't expected to get very sick (if at all) from this virus. All the lockdowns are meant to protect high risk groups only, but everybody keep forgetting that.

She even lost consciousness because of that. She went to the ER but was refused both care and testing.

Sounds strange. It might even have been a sign of some other serious condition that warrants investigation.

The mother stopped breathing when she slept when it was worse and needed to be woken up.

I guess it could be sleep apnea as well, then again if she had all the other symptoms already...
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 4 2020, 09:56 AM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

That was scary too with my friends. They aren't exactly the target group. She is 47 and he is 18 or 19. Both are healthy and active. She smokes though but he doesn't.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 7 2020, 11:00 PM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

I now know more of my acquaintances are stricken, 6 in total so far. Of those two need(ed) intensive care, one ought to have gotten care but didn't, one died at the hospital two days ago and only two have the light version. The guy who died was going to turn 75. The other guy in intensive care is only around 20 and formerly healthy. I don't like those numbers. sad.gif
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic
pandy   Is everyone OK?   Mar 23 2020, 05:03 PM
Darin McGrew   We're on our second week of our "shelter ...   Mar 23 2020, 09:48 PM
pandy   Be glad you have strict rules. Here the only thing...   Mar 24 2020, 02:32 AM
Christian J   I'm here! :P Actually there's just...   Mar 25 2020, 05:12 AM
pandy   That's so strange. My friend who lives a littl...   Mar 25 2020, 10:17 AM
Darin McGrew   Yeah, I heard a funny joke yesterday: Hopefully t...   Mar 25 2020, 12:47 PM
pandy   :D It's fun though that this seems to happen ...   Mar 25 2020, 02:24 PM
Christian J   That's possible. Plus, I guess, toilet paper i...   Mar 25 2020, 04:00 PM
pandy   I don't know how Christian feels, but I hate m...   Apr 2 2020, 09:48 PM
Christian J   I don't know how Christian feels I got a sor...   Apr 3 2020, 07:03 AM
pandy   Hope you get it light or that you've got a com...   Apr 3 2020, 04:44 PM
Christian J   Thanks, pandy! It feels exactly like a cold. B...   Apr 3 2020, 06:11 PM
pandy   Me? No, I'm fit as a fiddle. And I plan to sta...   Apr 3 2020, 06:37 PM
Christian J   It's good to hear from people that have the l...   Apr 4 2020, 09:46 AM
pandy   That was scary too with my friends. They aren...   Apr 4 2020, 09:56 AM
pandy   I now know more of my acquaintances are stricken, ...   Apr 7 2020, 11:00 PM
pandy   I'll get my third shot in a week. Just booked....   Dec 7 2021, 03:18 AM
Christian J   Here in Sweden they have removed the lines that m...   Dec 7 2021, 04:25 PM
pandy   Alas the herd immunity theory doesn't hold. Ma...   Dec 8 2021, 04:46 AM
Christian J   Alas the herd immunity theory doesn't hold. M...   Dec 8 2021, 12:04 PM
pandy   I don't remember the list, but I think for exa...   Dec 8 2021, 01:35 PM
Darin McGrew   In the US, it varies from state to state. In Calif...   Dec 9 2021, 03:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:49 AM