Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML (.mht) automation
flare_wr
post Jun 4 2015, 06:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,681

I have created a small internal site for key figures which is entered by several employees in a shared excel file.
The excel file Is published as a single web page, *.mht file, in ie.
We will have these mht files presented on four different touch screens.

Question 1.

Is there anyway, inside the mht file define a timer to move forward to the next mht file after a defined interval?
There should be 4 mht files alternating on each touch screen.

Question 2.

Is there a better way to configure this? Right now I use the "republish when saved" in excel.
A feature I really would like is the possibility to edit the actual document on the touchscreen. Nothing really complicated, just one touch to make a cell green, one more touch to make it red and a third touch to empty the cell again. I don't think this is possible when using mht files... at least not known to me.

Thankful for any response!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post Jun 4 2015, 07:41 AM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

Not sure in which forum this thread belongs, so I moved it to General Web Design.

QUOTE(flare_wr @ Jun 4 2015, 01:34 PM) *

Is there anyway, inside the mht file define a timer to move forward to the next mht file after a defined interval?

(I don't know anything about MHTML.) With HTML you could use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_refresh or let a javascript do the redirecting. But in general I'd suggest letting users change page manually (less stress).

A feature I really would like is the possibility to edit the actual document on the touchscreen. Nothing really complicated, just one touch to make a cell green, one more touch to make it red and a third touch to empty the cell again. I don't think this is possible when using mht files... at least not known to me.

Making temporary changes on the displayed page is relatively easy, you can also store such changes (for the current user only) with e.g. a cookie.

Saving the changes permanently (for all users) requires a script (e.g. PHP, ASP, CGI) on the web server. Maybe it's better to use another file format than MHTML then.

User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jun 4 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

AFAIU a MHT is some kind of archive format. I sometimes save webpages as MHT and everything is there. So I'd say you can do whatever you like that you can normally do, but you probably need to do it before you create the MHT. I guess they can be "opened" somehow, but I don't know how.

Can't you export to ordinary HTML? Then you can do what you like and save as MHT if that is at all necessary.
User is offlinePM
Sam A
post Jun 18 2015, 04:35 AM
Post #4

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,515

Use some proper format for mht file i will prefer you to use sublime text editor which generally gives any error than it indicates immediately and make you to resolve it.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th March 2024 - 12:10 AM