The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mystery background color, My friend edited a page she manages, now there is a color we can't
SoTexFred
post Sep 15 2023, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,051

Hi, a friend asked me to help her with an issue that popped up on a page she manages for a local broker. She added a property to the "Homes" page and it broke the layout somehow. The HTML specifies the background as a dark blue (# 003466) but on some pages, which are supposed to all match in style, a much lighter color (#0105c3) takes over the entire background. Oddly, that color is a background color for the red "ribbon style" buttons on the left of the main section, but nowhere in the code can I find why it now covers most of the page. The result isn't bad where it covers the entire background, it's actually a better color, but on the "Homes" page you can see the dark blue is the background color. That is the blue specified in the HTML, so ok, but why is it only showing on this page? Every other page has the same background color specified in the HTML, but the light blue is displayed. To see a page that renders with the darker blue for the entire background and the banner is centered over the content see wesellporta.com To see a page with the brighter blue visit http://wesellporta.com/condos.htm and to see the broken layout where the banner and column of buttons are offset and the background is dark visit http://wesellporta.com/homes.htm
What is causing these issues? My friend has been designing web pages for a very long time, and she still uses Front Page on some of her older work, so it's possible Front Page (which is really out of date now) is causing these issues, but I can usually track down where the errors are in the source code. These issues have me stumped, any suggestions are appreciated!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:54 AM