... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First-timer hit a snag
esfres34
post Feb 2 2020, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,150

I have no real web design experience but I offered to help get an artist friend online, thinking that I could use a premade template and cobble something passable together. It looks ok but when I uploaded it to amazon web services to host it, most of the image went dead (except for 3) and I don't have the knowledge to understand why. I'm hoping someone here can give me a clue as to what's happening.

Here's what the page looks like offline. image 1

But here it is online. image 2

It's puzzling to me why 3 of the images out of ~60 work but the others don't.

I thought it might be something to do with the image size not fitting in the thumbnail space but here's another great big image that is working. image 3

Here's the snippet of code. image 4

The template I'm using is called Strata.

I also uploaded to githubpages and the same thing happens. I really have no clue what I'm doing or why it works offline but not online. I reuploaded multiple times and it's always the same.

The only thing I changed with the template was the original went like "img src = images/thumbs/imagetitle.jpg" and there was a seperate folder for thumbnails, but I changed it to "images/fulls/imagetitle.jpg" to just point to the full size image. I went back and created a smaller thumbnail image and pointed back to "images/thumbs/imagetitle.jpg" but it didn't fix it. I don't really know what the "class="image fit thumb"" bit means.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

This post has been edited by esfres34: Feb 2 2020, 02:55 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:43 AM