Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to design/show indian horoscope chart in HTML
venkat_walking
post May 26 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,678

Hi friends,

I am creating a website, there i need to show the horoscope charts (Indian) in the web page.

See the design below which I would like to implement,

Indian Horoscope Charts

See the inputs i.e. planets for various boxes (houses) will be provided by the users.

I have to just display the charts accordingly. ( Means they will even choose what type of charts they want, NORTH INDIAN, SOUTH INDIAN, EAST INDIAN)

I dont know how how to implement this,

I tell u the constraints.

The planets (their Indian names) in all are ,
Rahu, Ketu, Sani, Guru, Chan, Bhudan, Lagnam, Sukran, Ravi, Maandi, Kujhan

1) Each planet will go in only one Box (house) in the chart.
2) A Box (House) in a chart can contain one or more planets.
3) A Box (House) in a chart can remain empty with out any planets.

Also when a box (house) contains more than one planet, then the size of the box or the whole chart should not increase, rather we can shrink, or set the font size of the text in that box to small.

Please guide me in this. If I need to learn something please give me the requiste tutorial. Need urgently.

Thanks

Venkat

This post has been edited by venkat_walking: May 26 2009, 11:55 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post May 26 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

You might use CSS "position: absolute" to place the planet names over decorational background images. But then you should base it on an HTML structure that makes logical sense even if CSS is not used. Possibly (nested) lists could be used for the structure, but I'm not familiar with Indian horoscope charts.
User is offlinePM
venkat_walking
post May 27 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Christian J @ May 26 2009, 06:02 PM) *

You might use CSS "position: absolute" to place the planet names over decorational background images. But then you should base it on an HTML structure that makes logical sense even if CSS is not used. Possibly (nested) lists could be used for the structure, but I'm not familiar with Indian horoscope charts.

Thanks for replying,

I am not good at css, but as u said i will learn that.

I didn't understand with the nested list idea. See in indian horoscope charts a box (house) in a chart can contain upto 6 planets (in rare cases it can even go till 11). Dont u think that if i use list then the chart size will go bigger, which i dont want. I have keep the font size of the text smaller and smaller , as the number of planets in a box (house) increases.

I think it is placing text dynamically on a image and also controlling it fonts dynamiically.

I have seen some drag and drop application will this work here.

I am now learing flash for this purpose. Is this a good move.

Whats ur thought on this.

Thanks,

Venkat
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post May 28 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #4

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(venkat_walking @ May 27 2009, 09:39 AM) *

I didn't understand with the nested list idea. See in indian horoscope charts a box (house) in a chart can contain upto 6 planets (in rare cases it can even go till 11). Dont u think that if i use list then the chart size will go bigger, which i dont want. I have keep the font size of the text smaller and smaller , as the number of planets in a box (house) increases.

I don't know if a list is the best structure. You might also use an HTML table, except that the diagonal lines create problems. Unfortunately I don't know how these horoscopes are logically organized, so I can't help with that. But the general idea is to separate the logical structure (HTML) from the presentation (CSS). With CSS applied the ordinary user can't tell what the HTML structure is, but even if the CSS is removed the content should still make some sense.

Making text smaller can be done with CSS, but you may have to do it manually.

Flash is good for multimedia applications, but also reduces usability. If you just want to position text on a background image it seems unnecessary, but it might be useful if you want to let users drag and drop planets. Possibly Flash can automatically decrease text size to fit many planets on a small space as well.

User is offlinePM
venkat_walking
post May 31 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Christian J @ May 28 2009, 06:58 AM) *

QUOTE(venkat_walking @ May 27 2009, 09:39 AM) *

I don't know if a list is the best structure. You might also use an HTML table, except that the diagonal lines create problems. Unfortunately I don't know how these horoscopes are logically organized, so I can't help with that. But the general idea is to separate the logical structure (HTML) from the presentation (CSS). With CSS applied the ordinary user can't tell what the HTML structure is, but even if the CSS is removed the content should still make some sense.

Making text smaller can be done with CSS, but you may have to do it manually.

Flash is good for multimedia applications, but also reduces usability. If you just want to position text on a background image it seems unnecessary, but it might be useful if you want to let users drag and drop planets. Possibly Flash can automatically decrease text size to fit many planets on a small space as well.

Thanks, for taking interest.

I will use your suggestions and get with u again as soon as i solve the problem

Thanks again.

This post has been edited by venkat_walking: May 31 2009, 02:56 PM
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:39 AM