Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Board corrupting posted text
Brian Chandler
post Aug 16 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #1

Jocular coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Repeatedly, this software turns something meaningful into nonsense. If I label items (a), (b), (d), (e), without missing out c, this gets turned into junk. Similarly, attempts to indicate spelling variations, as in colo(u)r, get corrupted if the optional letter is an r (as in a well-known misspelling).

Please remove the junk "features" that are doing this. I assume this software is open source, so I'm willing to offer to help look for the junk that needs to be removed.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Brian Chandler
post Apr 9 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Jocular coder

QUOTE(Brian Chandler @ Aug 16 2007, 03:20 PM) *

Repeatedly, this software turns something meaningful into nonsense. If I label items (a), (b), (d), (e), without missing out c, this gets turned into junk. Similarly, attempts to indicate spelling variations, as in colo(u)r, get corrupted if the optional letter is an r (as in a well-known misspelling).

Please remove the junk "features" that are doing this. I assume this software is open source, so I'm willing to offer to help look for the junk that needs to be removed.

Is it really not possible to do something about this. I have had two posts corrupted today by this misfeature. Does anyone actually need not to be able to write the next in the series after (a), (b)... before (d), (e).

I repeat my offer to help correct it.
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Apr 9 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this. I'll try to look into it more.
User is offlinePM
Brian Chandler
post Apr 22 2009, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Jocular coder

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Apr 10 2009, 02:02 AM) *

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this. I'll try to look into it more.

Thanks Darin. If it's written in PHP (or Perl, iinm), then © should not naturally occur, so a grep through the source should find it.... no?

Meanwhile, a suggestion to counter spammers: if possible set the forum so that the first post by a new member is moderated, or new members are limited to one post per 24 hours, or whatever until humanly approved. Evidently this "Sumudra" character has nothing to do but read threads to post plausible "comments" with the ad for "Canada chemicals"...
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:47 AM