... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Infinite Scrolling - Tumblr Theme
bouda
post Sep 29 2020, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,562

I am very novice so if anyone can help, I will need to know exactly where to put the code into the html. I have searched and tried multiple coding, but nothing has worked for me and maybe I was just putting things in the wrong place. I am looking to do two things to a tumblr site I have started to build out. A sample of the site can be found here: https://workingproject1.tumblr.com

1. add infinite scrolling so that photos load when you scroll down. This use to and now it has stopped.

2. remove the "top" button that pops up after you scroll down some on the site, and add a better version of this button - possible an arrow that hovers, and is more user friendly when someone is on the site on their phone.

I truly appreciate any help you can give!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pandy
post Sep 29 2020, 10:46 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Afraid I know nothing about the innards of Tumblr and how its infinite scolling is turned on and off. But when it comes to the button it should be enough that you find the HTML for it in the template and delete it.

CODE
<button onclick="topFunction()" id="myBtn" title="Go to top" style="display: block;">Top</button>
User is offlinePM
bouda
post Sep 29 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,562

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 29 2020, 11:46 AM) *

Afraid I know nothing about the innards of Tumblr and how its infinite scolling is turned on and off. But when it comes to the button it should be enough that you find the HTML for it in the template and delete it.

CODE
<button onclick="topFunction()" id="myBtn" title="Go to top" style="display: block;">Top</button>

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I can delete the current "top" button. Looking to replace it with one described in original post.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 29 2020, 11:14 AM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Everything within curly braces are Tumblr's proprietary stuff and it means nothing to us. I suspect in some cases it is replaced by chunks of HTML coming from somewhere else.

QUOTE(bouda @ Sep 29 2020, 06:08 PM) *

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I can delete the current "top" button. Looking to replace it with one described in original post.

Well, to start with find an arrow image. smile.gif
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:47 AM