Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tumblr question...
stickman
post Apr 14 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,336

I feel like I have exhausted my options via Tumblr support, various websites and with my own experimentation. So this is the problem I am having:

I have a Tumblr photo blog. There is free and I did some minor edits to align everything in the proper places, change the font size, etc. It`s done. But before
I start posting my photos, I want to find out how I can go from the standard, default method that Tumblr uses - where every post you make gets added to your
front page - to one where I can have one front page photo, but keep everything else, neatly tagged and sitting in my custom pages.

For example, I have a DIARY page and a LINES page. I can tag my photos with `dairy` and `lines` and those photos will show up on those specific pages. It`s
nice, but I don`t want to see them (along with every other photo I post) all dumped together on the front page.

I know it`s not impossible, but can`t figure it out.

I can mark the posts private, but that keeps them off ALL the pages, front page included. So that`s only half the
solution.

I can post a photo with no tag at all and it will sit nicely on the front page - as a welcome photo -which is what I want. And I can then tag all my other photos, which
would put them in their proper page, which is what I want. But still - ALL of them will end up on the front page in the end. I can`t find anywhere in the HTML code if
there is something I can modify or kill that prevents that from happening.

Any ideas?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:41 AM