... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why did my pages get larger?
PapaGeek
post Aug 20 2022, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,211

I have no idea why this happened, but a few weeks ago, all of the pages that I was displaying in my FireFox browser seemed to get larger.

I created a page for a gaming group that I am into. The idea was to create an image of gaming tiles that was exactly 6 tiles wide and 4 tiles deep with each tile being exactly 207 pixels square. For some reason, the tiles suddenly became, at control 0, 282 pixels square. The text on the page also got larger, and the predefined page sizes of my other pages also got larger.

I found a post that talked about changing the “layout.css.devPixelsPerPx” entry in the “about:config” from -1.0 to 1.0, but that did not fix the problem. I kept playing with the number an discovered that changing the value to 0.74 made the images and the pages display the same way they were a few weeks ago.

Here is the link to the main page that I provided for the gaming group. The individual tile images are not on this page, but the large blank printer setup image is. That image was too large before the change to take a screenshot of it, but now it does display as 1242 x 828, exactly 6 x 4 times 207, so you can take a screenshot of it!

My Webpage

Does anyone have any idea of what else might have changed a few weeks ago to make all of my pages display larger than normal?

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 04:18 AM