Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo Editing Software- GIMP
HTMLHelp Forums > General Interest > Off Topic
thematrix
Has anyone has a suggestion for a good photo editing software that gives you the opportunity to edit in detail, fix pixels, shadows, etc. I heard GIMP is a good one, has anyone tried it? Do you mind sharing your experience? Or if not please suggests another one, preferably free.
Darin McGrew
I've been using GIMP for years, but I don't really "edit in detail". With photos, I mainly crop, rotate, and correct the color balance. Occasionally I'll get fancy and blur the background of a portrait.
pandy
I've tried it but it was so long ago I don't think my experience is relevant anymore.

The photo editor I do use and like is Picture Window Pro. It's different in a way I like and describe a little here.
http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?showtopic=59433

As you can read in that thread it's given away for free while Sachs is developing the new version, a total rewrite from what I understand. So grab a copy while the deal lasts. Maybe you'll like it as much as I do. wink.gif
thematrix
Thank you so much, I took a look at it. It was very helpful! smile.gif I wasn't aware of this software but I will definitely check it out!
pandy
It has a small (compared to PS very small) but enthusiastic user base. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.