Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need your review and critiques
HTMLHelp Forums > General Interest > Site Review Requests
alexo
Hello

Pls review our new website (as i know, there are few things, that aren't complete- comment and bookmarks), i hope that it will be finished during this weekend.

Severe Hypertension Network

your advice will be appreciated
pandy
Why do you use an XHTML Strict doctype when the markup is netiher XHTML nor Strict? It's HTML Trans.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.c...s&input=yes
Darin McGrew
You start off by setting the font size to 62.5% of the font size I've configured my browser to use. That isn't a very good start.

You have links that don't work when JavaScript is disabled/unavailable. Put a real URL in the href attribute. For example,
CODE
<a href="" onclick="javascript:launchPopup('/feedback.html','Have a Question', 500, 450, true, true, true, false);return false;">Have a Question !</a>
should be something like
CODE
<a href="/feedback.html" onclick="javascript:launchPopup('/feedback.html','Have a Question', 500, 450, true, true, true, false);return false;">Have a Question !</a>

Also, you don't need the "javascript:" prefix for onclick and other event handlers. Actually, you should never use the "javascript:" prefix, because the only time you need it is in a pseudo-URL for the href attribute, and you should use real URLs there instead (putting the JavaScript in the onclick and other event handlers).

You use a fixed-width layout.

You use red and green for links, and you use red and green for non-links. That seems rather confusing. I have to scrub the page with the mouse to figure out what's a link and what isn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.