Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing text of a pop up enquiry form
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Web Site Functionality
Rochelle
I'm trying to make a simple change to my pop up enquiry form.
Click to view attachment

However when I re-upload the file to my server, I am getting an error across my entire site.
Click to view attachment

The changes I'm making are;
1. Change label 'Style of Crown' to 'Fresh or silk flowers?'
2. Remove checkbox and text at the end
3. Remove the word 'fresh' from the first line

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks in advance!

Code is:
</style> <!-- popup--> <div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true"> <div class="modal-dialog"> <div class="modal-content"> <div class="modal-header"> <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">×</span></button> <h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel">You’re interested in a Summerblossom flower crown? We’d love to create something beautiful for you.</h4> </div> <div class="modal-body"> <div class="alert alert-danger" style="display:none;" > </div> <input type="hidden" id="product_enquire_id" name="product_enquire_id"/> <label class="label_popup" for="email_customer">{l s='Email'} <span style="color:red;">*</span>:  </label> <input type="text" name="email_customer" id="email_customer" /> <label class="label_popup" for="envent_date">{l s='Your event date: '}</label> <input type="text" name="event_date" id="envent_date" class="date" /> <br /> <label class="label_popup" for="colours_theme"> {l s='Your colours (and/or theme): '} </label> <input type="text" id="colours_theme" /> <br/> <label class="label_popup" for="style_of_crown"> {l s=‘Fresh or silk flowers: '} </label> <input type="text" id="style_of_crown" name="style_of_crown" /> <br/> <label for="size_of_crown" class="label_popup" >{l s='Size (adult or child)'} </label> <input type="text" id="size_of_crown" name="size_of_crown" /> <br /> <label for="number_of_crown" class="label_popup" >{l s='Number of crown: '}</label> <input type="text" id="number_of_crown" name="number_of_crown" /> <br/> <label for="comment_enquire" class="label_popup" > Any further info we should know?</label> <textarea id="comment_enquire"> </textarea> <br />
CharlesEF
What error are you getting? And how does it mess up the entire site?
pandy
HTTP Error 500 can be just about anything, but it's an error on the sever not with your HTML. You have what looks like server parsed code in the sample you posted but I can't identify it. When you edited the HTML maybe you accidently changed somehing there.

If you have a backup copy use that.
Rochelle
QUOTE(pandy @ Nov 23 2015, 01:22 PM) *

HTTP Error 500 can be just about anything, but it's an error on the sever not with your HTML. You have what looks like server parsed code in the sample you posted but I can't identify it. When you edited the HTML maybe you accidently changed somehing there.

If you have a backup copy use that.

Thanks! Kept the back-up and re-uploaded immediately, thankfully.

I attempted a couple more times. I just can't work out why when I try to replace the file with the edited version, I get the error.

Rochelle
QUOTE(CharlesEF @ Nov 23 2015, 01:13 PM) *

What error are you getting? And how does it mess up the entire site?

These are the details of the error I get: Click to view attachment

I can't access the site at all when I attempt to upload the edited file.

CharlesEF
I didn't see error number 500 anywhere.
pandy
The first screen cap in the first post.
pandy
QUOTE(Rochelle @ Nov 23 2015, 03:37 AM) *

I can't access the site at all when I attempt to upload the edited file.

Wait, are you talking about FTP now? Not accessing the site with a browser? A mix of both?
CharlesEF
QUOTE(pandy @ Nov 22 2015, 10:00 PM) *

The first screen cap in the first post.
Now that you point it out, I see it.
Frederiek
https://www.summerblossom.com.au/64-custom-flower-crowns

That page loads fine.
pandy
How did you know the URL? unsure.gif
Frederiek
From the screenshot at post #5. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.