Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto updateing
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
slaz
hey there is a site that has a comic on it that they update every day to a new page.... is there any way to write an HTML code that i could put on myspace so that it updates evey day with the new comic?
pandy
Can you predict the name of the image?
slaz
no but i can predict the site address that its going to be. you see they create a new page every day for the comic and its always in the same area.... todays comic ended with comics/981/ and yesterdays was comics/980/
Darin McGrew
Have the copyright owners given you permission to use the image(s) on their server in this manner?
slaz
well considering the fact that they give out the code everyday for the comic to put up on myspace i didnt think it would matter
slaz
do does that mean there is no way to do it?
pandy
I don't see how, if you don't know the URL to the image. sad.gif
UrbanFirefly
Seems like they would have to have a dynamic link on their end that they could give out for people like you who want to show their comic.

There are lots of sites that offer dynamic content, and I am sure it can be done, but from my limited knowledge I think it would have to be through them.

It's a good idea since they want to be promoted like that. If you can find info on it you might present them with the info and hopefully they can implement it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.