Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: works in chrome not in explorer
HTMLHelp Forums > Web Authoring > Markup (HTML, XHTML, XML)
pmarions
Ciao!
can anybody help with this!
My website works fine on Chrome but not on Explorer.
Hints what to change in source code?

Site name www.tibblekliniken.se
//Peter
pandy
In what way doesn't it work? I don't have access to a recent version of IE, but in a recent gecko browser you don't see the main content without scrolling, i.e. that DIV is to short and get a scrollbar. Is the problem in IE the same or something else?
pandy
To make the IFRAME height="1000%" is probably not a good idea. You'll have hard time to get it to be the full height of the page minus the height of the heading, which is what I suppose you want.

I'd recommend that you don't use IFRAMES at all and include (SSI, PHP) the menus and header on each page instead.
pmarions
QUOTE(pandy @ Oct 19 2014, 01:59 PM) *

In what way doesn't it work? I don't have access to a recent version of IE, but in a recent gecko browser you don't see the main content without scrolling, i.e. that DIV is to short and get a scrollbar. Is the problem in IE the same or something else?

Thank you!
Exactly! In Explorer the main content is shrinked and has to be scrolled. This does not happen in Chrome. I have not done this page by myself. Just updating! Have tried to adjust "height" but no difference.
Peter
pandy
I don't know why Chrome does what it does. I would expect the behavior IE and gecko shows.

The problem is there is no way to say "make this 100% minus some other height", not with CSS anyway.

Did things work before you made your changes and if so what did you change?
Frederiek
I suggest you pass your page through the validators and fix the errors.
http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.